Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: tor  (Read 2722 times)
Description: the onion router
claude
Fractal Bachius

tor
« on: November 30, 2016, 11:07:25 PM »

Now that mass surveillance of internet communications is enshrined in UK law I set up a Tor gateway.  But FractalForums doesn't like this, with
Access Denied Our anti-spam program has detected that you are a robot trying to send spam via our forum.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/29/snoopers-charter-bill-becomes-law-extending-uk-state-surveillance

Anything I can do apart from hitting retry enough times that I get a CAPTCHA to fill in that works for a bit?
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:05:57 AM »

I have had something similar. I tried viewing the forums via my father's pc while he had vpn active. But that also gave the same screen. I think the site does not like that the requests are comming from automated servers, so you would have to fill in a captcha. Since it is a protection for the site I do not think we should actually disable it. But I completely understand why you would like to stay hidden for other services.

I do not know what to do about it. I think we would have to ask Christian. But maybe Sockratease know a solution to this.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:38 AM »

That is odd.  I'll have to download Tor and experiment  educated

Wont have a lot of time for a couple days  (weekend)  but will see what I can find.

I know we use an IP Check in the security stuff for banned spammers, so maybe an encrypted IP is seting it off.  A quick look at the settings showed no easy answer to this.

I called it odd because I have been using a VPN for years and never encountered this issue.  My VPN either sucks or is really good!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: