Logo by Transdimensional - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:11:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: v2.09 3 Crash on 2nd animation frame  (Read 1722 times)
joe
Explorer

« on: November 24, 2016, 06:52:52 AM »

Crash every time 2nd frame of keyframe animation is initiated, both netrender and normal. First frame saves ok. How do I make crash reports?
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »

Hello. Thank you for reporting the problem. Could you provide more data:
1. Which operating system do you use?
2. Can you attach the settings file with your animation which makes application crashing (you can send to address buddhi1980@gmail.com) or create new issue here: https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues and attach the file.
3. To generate detailed log file you can open "Program settings" dialog and set "logging verbosity level" to 3. Then after crash please send logfile located in ~/.mandelbulber_log.txt (under Linux) or C:/Users/YourUserName/mandelbulber_log.txt (Windows)

joe
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 04:38:27 PM »

1. win10
2. I can't seem to replicate the crash now. I thought it was to do with saving alpha file + jpg, since PNG with appended alpha was working ok. It's all working now. 24 cores full steam ahead.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »

Crash every time 2nd frame of keyframe animation is initiated, both netrender and normal. First frame saves ok. How do I make crash reports?

I have a similar, reproducible crash on my win 10 system. It contains an asurf+asurf hybrid with parameter animation on both slots. I attached the verbosity 3 log and the fract-file packed in a zip (to fit the attachment file restrictions).
Before you try, be aware, that I changed most default pathes, to fit my personal needs.
happy hunting, merry christmas and a happy new year!

* mandelbulber_log.zip (214.23 KB - downloaded 121 times.)

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
freakiebeat
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »

... contains an asurf+asurf hybrid with parameter animation on both slots.

By "parameter animation on" do you meaning the fractal parameters (as opposed to camera or target values) are changing between keyframes and that the frames rendered between the keyframes are interpolations of the keyframe parameters? I have not been able to get this to work in v2.09-3 - only animations where the fractal parameters are constant and just the camera or target positions are changing.

A Flame A Day Keeps Psychosis Away - http://bit.ly/my247sheep
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »

By "parameter animation on" do you meaning the fractal parameters (as opposed to camera or target values) are changing between keyframes and that the frames rendered between the keyframes are interpolations of the keyframe parameters?

This is exactly, what it means. To be precise, the both transfer rotations and the "addCpixel" of slot 2 are animated.
And I have not been able to get this to work too. That's why I'm posting it as bug report.

freakiebeat
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »

I have crashing problems too when animating running v2.09-3 under Win10, but do not have the crash problems with the linux compiled version. What I as not able to get working is parameter animation of any kind - just animations involving camera movement.

A Flame A Day Keeps Psychosis Away - http://bit.ly/my247sheep
taurus
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »

Ah, ok. Adding parameters to animations is not that hard. right click on a parameters number field and choose the lower option "add to keyframe animation". That's it! Within the animation window - second tab, you now have the desired value prepared for keyframe animation. Should work similar in flight animation, but I have no experience with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: