Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractals in Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2?  (Read 8933 times)
Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »

@ Kali.. nice to see you here Kali..we all hit those dark places from time to time.. sorry to hear you had a struggle (what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger...  and all that smiley  ) , we can all come over as asses and hopefully we all are able to forgive n forget those hiccoughs ..

Kali you should take succour from just how much appreciation there is of and how many wonderful pieces of art have been and still are created from your fractals that you shared.
Asurf must go down as one of the most popular and enjoyable fracs so far . !  and i certainly attribute my love of fractals in part to my early teenage lsd and mushroom experimentation.

@lycium .. now that i'm on the wagon i don't consider my other indulgences a problem ..cheesy
surrealista1
Navigator

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 06:24:16 AM »

Im glad you are now feeling better, you have a lot to give, your creativity is really great
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 07:16:23 AM »

Kali, it is good to see you back here. I am looking forward to see continue here. smiley

I don't think I can say anything thing on what's  behind you. I have not been in contact with things like that. Well... caffeine maybe. cheesy

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »

I forgot the most important thing.

Kali, and everyone likewise lured away, you are certainly welcome in our shared reality. At the very least you have the rare ability to make it a little less boring.

My own experience is limited to ... natural imbalances of brain chemistry. Still, I know it can be quite striking how different the very same world can look and feel from one day to the next. That, too, can make the world a little less boring for fellow humans. I imagine our experiences, even if dissimilar, are still related.

(I have heard the cynical view that certain drugs are "required" for the creative avantgarde, and that mainstream society should stop being hypocrites if they keep wanting new stuff. I don't subscribe to that view - I see merely a correlation. An open minded society brings out more creativity in everyone, because it can better tolerate the individual unpredictability that entails. The same open minded society is also less likely to generally condemn drug use. Correlation does not imply causation.)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 02:59:14 AM »

Thanks to all for the messages! much appreciated!

I have heard the cynical view that certain drugs are "required" for the creative avantgarde...

For me, and talking about fractal art, coding and shader stuff, my most creative period was 2011-2013 when I wasn't on any drugs (other than caffeine and nicotine). Also I won a photography contest in 2011.

And coming back to the original topic, no one seems too excited to see 3D fractal scenes being included in a movie!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 04:46:33 AM »

There are lots of movies...

...but only one Kali

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 09:13:04 AM »

And coming back to the original topic, no one seems too excited to see 3D fractal scenes being included in a movie!

I remember a discussion from a while back which was on that subject:
http://www.fractalforums.com/non-fractal-related-chit-chat/big-hero-6-has-the-mandelbulb-in-it!
As far as I know people were excited about it. To be honest I am always looking to find fractals in any digital media.
Here are a few I found:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=24704.0
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=24247.0

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »

I recently noticed that there are short parts of mandelbrot zooms in the matrix trilogy intros.

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Tim Emit
Conqueror

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:17 PM »

there are very nice mandelbulb renders in the new Dr Strange film, like the quality of these Arnold render pieces on youtoob <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z4wy_oc6Y3A&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/z4wy_oc6Y3A&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>  but better.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 09:31:21 AM »

there are very nice mandelbulb renders in the new Dr Strange film...

Fractals?

I saw them too, but they were real images of the Astral Plane, not Mandelbulbs!

A more acceptable way to describe this situation is that The Mandelbulb contains things that look exactly like the very real inter dimensional spaces filmed for the Doctor Strange movie.

Dang people trying to convince me the Marvel Super Heroes films are not 100% Real   fiery   tease   bubble gum

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Tim Emit
Conqueror

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »

@ Sockratease .. sorry my bad, I had momentarily unsuspended my disbelief  .. yes of course what was I thinking , those guys did indeed get some real-time footage cheesy 
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »

It might be a Mandelbox derivative.

And there is definitely a brief scene of a Mandelbulb (power 8, if I'm not too much mistaken) in Doctor Strange!

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 10:54:34 PM »

...And there is definitely a brief scene of a Mandelbulb (power 8, if I'm not too much mistaken) in Doctor Strange!

It had that funny square top to it, so I think it means that The Astral Plane contains REAL LIFE Power 5 Mandelbulbs!

The Power 8 one is rounder than what I saw in that scene.

But Other-Dimensional travel may have adverse effects on cameras, so I don't know.

I'm just really impressed they got into another dimension to film that stuff!  Disney and Marvel have progressed Science farther than all the Physicists in the world.

They should get a Nobel Prize for that if they release their techniques for peer review.  But Disney is notorious for keeping their breakthroughs in Physics to themselves...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
haltenny
Safarist

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 01:27:15 PM »

That is definitely a fractal in the Guardians of the galaxy vol 2 trailer. You can also see the same style fractal in the background of the image below if you look closely. So I think it's very cool to see MB3D in the movies!

* landscape-1468945290-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2.jpg (110.69 KB, 980x490 - viewed 429 times.)
Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »

Yep. To be completely honest, I was struggling with really bad depression, and fighting an addiction... still slowly recovering.

Unfortunately this opportunitty came in the worst moment of my life.

Also, I acted like a douchebag here in that times. Luma Pictures was interested in M3D's source code and I became paranoid about Luca and Andreas trying to sell it to them. That's why I attacked both of them and wanted the code to be public (Jesse wasn't interested about the movie). So silly. I was crazy. I remember posting things in a very rude mood... even insulting Luca in a pm... that's not me. I wasn't myself.

I needed help, I was in rehab and I'm clean now for more than a year.

I can't believe I missed this chance, but it's more important to be healthy. Life always gives second opportunities.

Sorry for talking about such personal issues, but I just felt like doing it. 

Glad to know you are doing much better now Pablo.
Don`t be sorry for doing what you feel like.
Now I understand why you were out of the picture for a while.
Sometimes it can be a relieve to talk about personal issues as well in the good as in bad times.

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: