Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: need help with adding sunSky to Effies GI2  (Read 284 times)
SaMMy
Alien

« on: October 11, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »

HiHo,

after i bought a new laptop with an nvidia 940m , finaly i'm ready to play with fragmentarium too (after years with my very old AGP-FX5600<---LOOL), Whoow, what a difference  smiley, my love for doing 3d-fractals is coming back Azn.
And the photorealism of pics, rendered with this sky-pathtracer-model blow me away (but not much options like fog or floor). I also played a lot with effies G.I. (fog, floor, materials) but without this great sun-sky Atmosphere.
I tried to learn by copy/paste and look what happen but with no luck so I started to read about glsl language, shaders and fragmentarium.  alien This will be a loong way.

I made it to see the sun-sky atmo in effiesGI2, but now the horizont is vertical instead of horizontal  hurt.
Fortunately most var-names are identical in both frags, so mainly  I changed the following in EffiesGI2.frag from:

Code:
vec3 getBackground( in vec3 rd ){
return skyColor+rd*0.1+sunColor*(max(0.0,dot(rd,sunDirection))*0.2+pow(max(0.0,dot(rd,sunDirection)),256.0)*2.0);
}

to

Code:
vec3 getBackground( in vec3 rd ){
return sunsky(rd);
}

I attached the both frags. , every little help is appreciated, thx...

* eiffieGI+skysun.rar (7.75 KB - downloaded 23 times.)
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »

smiley I has the same ideas for DE-renderer, yeah sunsky looks cool.
For now I use this little sky code from https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MdcSzX
Code:
vec3 getSkyColor(vec3 e) {
    e.y = max(e.y,0.0);
    vec3 ret;
    ret.x = pow(1.0-e.y,2.0);
    ret.y = 1.0-e.y;
    ret.z = 0.6+(1.0-e.y)*0.4;
    return ret;
}

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print