Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Black/Blue/Red/Yellow areas in render  (Read 2751 times)
Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »

ok great, I do have QT/mingw(says it's mingw32 so i need 64 for 64 system?) . CMake and Qt.. . . I think I took a look at trying to do it before and shat myself .. .. I really don't have any experience at all so I will try and find some simple howto's .. . I know you aren't a win person but help would be greatly appreciated.. having just spent the weekend getting a new C 4 D crack up and running i'm almost out of code messing humour : ) cheers for this.. will pm you once i'm ready to try it out and you can hold my hand  wink
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2016, 02:16:32 AM »

ok, it should compile with the bat file using the mingw dos console or with Qt's Creator using the Fragmentarium.pro file
let me know when you're ready and we can give it a go  A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 05:08:33 PM »

3dickulus and timemit, could I please join the party? I have never compiled a program myself, never got the nerve to dive into the mysteries of Make... probably should have, but... wink
I could very much do with someone holding my hand! smiley
I am confused already finding the right QT-version and where to download it.  Qt 5.7.0 for Windows 32-bit (MinGW 5.3.0, 1.1 GB)  from qt.io ?  embarrass CMake from cmake.org? Or should the qt have cmake? Aaaaaarrrrggghhh, sorry for all those questions!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:03:11 PM by sabine62 » Logged

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 02:55:30 AM »

the only bad questions are the one that are not asked, yes from qt.io and cmake.org

my win box has Qt 5.4.2 and mingw 4.9.1 but later versions should be ok too

read the mkmingw.bat file to see the steps for compiling the whole thing, the OpenEXR library only needs to be compiled once ( or use the pre-built one )  after that you can just compile Fragmentarium.

sabine62 has revealed a bug (blatant oversight on my part) with path/file names that I will hopefully have fixed very soon, this doesn't affect compiling but spaces and dots in the path name may prevent saving files properly.... I'm on it wink

edit: seems to be the "unique filename" feature that's causing a problem
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:40:00 AM by 3dickulus » Logged

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Tim Emit
Conqueror

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »

@ both.. i'm fine with that ..Sabine you can probably help me also.. I guess it is just all of us being here at the same time .. Dick are you US time? me n Sabine are probably only a couple of hours different. I have work today but would have time this evening GMT 7pm onwards till about 1 or 2am ..  .. be fun to try at least ! ,, I will see what your replies are... also I have some time on Friday : )
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »

@ both.. i'm fine with that ..Sabine you can probably help me also.. I guess it is just all of us being here at the same time .. Dick are you US time? me n Sabine are probably only a couple of hours different. I have work today but would have time this evening GMT 7pm onwards till about 1 or 2am ..  .. be fun to try at least ! ,, I will see what your replies are... also I have some time on Friday : )

Erm.. what am I missing? smiley Should we have a meeting of some sort? If yes, which way, because I off everything, need to prepare:)
PS Doubt I can help you, Tim, I was rather counting on you helping me wink

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 02:31:21 PM »

Pacific Standard Time, West Coast North America  cool

It's a big project with lots of files and some bugs, probably not the best thing to start on for beginners, look at some tutorials and small examples like "Hello world!", try them first, this will take some reading, some studying and some practice, and when you feel comfortable with compiling, grab the source and give it a go cheesy
my time and resources are limited but I will help you folks as much as I can smiley

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »

You mean it's not like 'Open a program, drop your source into it and click Go!'?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Will have a good look at how-to's and examples, Dick, and give a shout when (not if!) I need some help wink

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 01:11:04 AM »

alien more like, you have a few million switches and the right combination will do what you want, a never ending journey of discovery wink
I still haven't found those Black/Blue/Red/Yellow areas in render huh?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: