Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 03:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D .OBJ\S CREATED WITH MANDELBULB 3D AND FIJI LOOK ' FLUFFY' IN MESHLAB?  (Read 1125 times)
Description: 3D .OBJ\S CREATED WITH MANDELBULB 3D AND FIJI LOOK ' FLUFFY' IN MESHLAB?
PeterWolf
Forums Freshman

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »

more or less this site is stealing the download file from our site, it is in no way an official download, the official download is solely from our site:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=5

1.9.1 can be found here:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=64

the file you download from our site is garanteed to not be modified, usually those sites stel files from others and contain them in some format they want, it is just crap they put outside the file (in some cases ) the original is the direct download found here on this site

Well , I tried it all out ; wine / winebottler but the 191 version only shows about 6 ' formula's' in the formula window instead of the complete sets. Also , after ' generating mesh'  I see the progress bar reaching about 95% or so and a warning message shows up ; ' E/A fehler 103 , or something.

Either way Wine sucks or 191!! Any suggestions?
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

what version of WINE are you using???
the current 1.9.19  or 1.8.4

or some other old version ?

also WINE will only run maybe 70% of Microsoft programs
things that use the Microsoft patented and copyrighted Dot Net C#  are notorious for not working

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 10:49:34 PM »

what version of WINE are you using???
the current 1.9.19  or 1.8.4

or some other old version ?

also WINE will only run maybe 70% of Microsoft programs
things that use the Microsoft patented and copyrighted Dot Net C#  are notorious for not working

I gave up on macs when osx 10.7 broke most of my programs!

So I last used it on 10.6 and anything newer will require somebody else to answer your questions.  But I assure you I never had any issues using whatever was the current version of WINE when 10.6 was the new mac OS.

Bear in mind, however, that you are trying to get a windows program to run on mac.  Problems are to be expected, and to get it working may never be easy.

My advice is to find a native mac program for this since apple's next OS update could well break everything and they'll blame programmers rather than own up and admit they did it (just like when 10.7 broke even adobe's photoshop!).

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but it's best to be aware of what you are getting into before bad things happen and you become disappointed.

I believe Terry Gintz's "Mystic Fractal" series of programs run fine on a mac and feature direct obj export - but 10.6 was a few years ago and I am no longer aware of any current trends regarding this topic on a mac.

My advice will not go over well, but if you want to run MB3D the best thing you can do is get a used windows computer!  They can be had cheaply and you can download software to a usb drive and transfer.  You never need to put the windows machine online if it's a dedicated rig just for Art!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »

Turning off themes in MB3D can also sometimes help to make it run more smooth, probably even more on those kind of "emulators"
PeterWolf
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »

Dearest, I went back to windows 10 pro , 64 bit on a I3 core with 4 g memory and a ssd drive.

Now I get the error message most of the time at the end of generating a mesh ; E/A fehler 103

what is going on here??

Anyone knowing a solution to this?

cheers

* MANDELBULB MESH RENDER FOUTMELDING 04-10-2016.jpg (205.52 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 47 times.)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 11:29:28 AM »

Maybe it does not like the space-character in the file name? (Just a guess and I have no cance to try it out now)
PeterWolf
Forums Freshman

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »

Maybe it does not like the space-character in the file name? (Just a guess and I have no cance to try it out now)
[/quot

The name was created automatically by Mandelbulb 3d191 . Worth a try to change it smiley I'll let you know ofcorse.

Best is to find out what E/A fehler (error in German) 103 exactly means...  Anyone?

kr

Peter

slon_ru
Iterator

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 02:42:42 PM »

Hi.
ihmo you have not enough ram (or virtual) memory, set oversamplig off or clean drive C:.
br.

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »

Best is to find out what E/A fehler (error in German) 103 exactly means...  Anyone?
The error says, the file can not be written. Did you try to select another file/folder where you have write-access? The filename displayed is just the default name, it can be changed by clikcing at the button on the left to the filename (or changed by typing another one)
PeterWolf
Forums Freshman

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 08:59:24 AM »

The error says, the file can not be written. Did you try to select another file/folder where you have write-access? The filename displayed is just the default name, it can be changed by clikcing at the button on the left to the filename (or changed by typing another one)

No , the folders , save+read, have no restrictions. However, I redirected some directory paths on the Mandelbulb 3d 191 settings and the error pop up comes far less. I guess it is indeed RAM usages. SOme small renders look OK but still no way near the 2d image result. Where can I find tuts on the Mandelbulb 191 configurations ( what does what do? I mean , how to set up taubin smooth, what is surface iso value and what can be done with these settings etc, etc. )

cheers

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:19 PM »

Where can I find tuts on the Mandelbulb 191 configurations ( what does what do? I mean , how to set up taubin smooth, what is surface iso value and what can be done with these settings etc, etc. )
I'm not aware about tutorials, but here is some material describing both the algorithms involved and the properties:

Iso-Value in Marching Cubes algorithm: http://paulbourke.net/geometry/polygonise/
Taubin-Smooth: https://graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs468-01-fall/Papers/taubin-smoothing.pdf

Cheers!
PeterWolf
Forums Freshman

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »

I'm not aware about tutorials, but here is some material describing both the algorithms involved and the properties:

Iso-Value in Marching Cubes algorithm: http://paulbourke.net/geometry/polygonise/
Taubin-Smooth: https://graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs468-01-fall/Papers/taubin-smoothing.pdf

Cheers!
wuuuhhh, this is above my head, aahah. But many thanks ofcorse smiley I'll search so more on what and how the config of the Mandelbulb 3d 191 application does.

kr

Peter
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »

wuuuhhh, this is above my head, aahah.
The default values should work good in most cases, otherwise just play with them. The iso-value actually influences shape of the mesh, while Taubin-rerlated options only affect the (optional) smoothing process
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: