Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Inconsistent coloring of Big Render tiles  (Read 1470 times)
JohnQForumPoster
Forums Newbie

« on: September 09, 2016, 09:32:20 PM »

I've been working on rendering a really high res image via the Big Render feature. It got through about 1/3 of the tiles, which fit together seamlessly in photoshop, but then as of last night, I go to see the tiles that have rendered and they all (every single one) have inconsistent color (one renders the shadows to bright green, another is really dark and low contrast, and a third has huge white grainy splotches all over it that weren't present in the original image. The first 3rd of the tiles are perfect coloring, beautiful quality, and fit together seamlessly. I tried re-rendering the first frame that turned out vastly different and then it gives me a different result, but still not matching the rest of the image. The Big Render project was not modified.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? I've tried color correcting the individual tiles to make them match but the lighting is different in each one so there's nothing that can fix it in post production.

Here's a small image of what I'm dealing with. As you can see it's flawless up until I get to a certain point then every frame has different coloring and the bottom left tile has that really ugly white junk (not in the original render). I re-rendered one of the wrong frames and it's closer, but the specularity is really high and everything has a reddish hue to it, so it still isn't right. I've tried rebooting the software and the computer but no difference. Scale DE is checked and hasn't changed since the start of the project.

This is actually after trying to color correct the offending tiles. It was even further of a difference than that originally.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:52:31 PM by JohnQForumPoster » Logged
JohnQForumPoster
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 09:43:44 PM »

oops, accidentally posted that twice. Sorry bout that.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: