Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hidden fractals in nature  (Read 3089 times)
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »

Here are some of the "now known to be moirés", I created.

Interrestingly, the moiré above was made with only 3 different colors, which were red green and blue. The end result seems to have created the additionnal colors of cyan, yellow and pink, but they are only illusions since when zoomed in completely, they revert back to the 3 original colors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KcItUMMK_ibkRxS1N4X2dfY1E/view?usp=sharing

I had to share the link to the last image (the biggest moiré/fractal i've completed), since the file is too large to be pasted here. I would suggest, for those interested in seeing the last moiré in all of it's details, to wait about 15 seconds before zooming into the pattern - it will allow the computer to display all of the different effects that occur when properly zooming into and out of the pattern.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 02:51:13 AM by Ouroboros » Logged
Softology
Conqueror

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 03:57:20 AM »

took me hours upon hours to complete

Try and clearly explain the steps you take in paint to create these moire patterns.  No doubt someone here could program the same steps and save you time and allow everyone to understand what you are doing or trying to achieve.

Claims like "I believe that there are many things a moiré can reveal about the fundamentals of nature if studied with an open mind" comes across as a little nuts.  As Carl Sagan said “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 07:16:16 AM »

Claims like "I believe that there are many things a moiré can reveal about the fundamentals of nature if studied with an open mind" comes across as a little nuts.  As Carl Sagan said “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

I agree that what I said is pretty outlandish but I wasn't myself when I wrote it... ( I was a bit under the influence to be honest...)

I will say that i have spent many hours making those designs and since I had no idea what they were when i made them, I nurtured the belief that they meant something special. I have made the first of those images through an intuition that I had about the hidden nature of things. It is only now that i discovered that they existed as moiré but through the time I have passed making them, i always held the belief that they ment something special.

I am just trying to place meaning into them - and I guess i am trying to figure out why I had the intuition to draw them in the first place, without any knowledge whatsoever about what the pattern i followed would lead me to create... at the time I first drew them, I had a spiritual awakening and I must have associated those designs with something "as special" as the spiritual awakening I had back then.

Maybee they mean nothing at all. I am just trying to place value into what I have spent many hours uncovering through the pattern that I followed creating them.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:24 PM »

Don't get me wrong, it is indeed fascinating and it probably deserves more attention from the fractal point of view.
It's great to hear that these had such an impact on you and led to something good - I too had an epiphany zooming into the mandelbrot-set one could call spiritual awakening, which lead to a serious obsession with fractals and a quest to give meaning to it (check the link in my signature if interested, I guess I'll have to add an article about these in the encyclopedia.. found this interesting paper on moiré patterns)
Don't feel disencouraged or let meaning be taken away just because others don't recognize the same meaning. Dive deeper and continue to enjoy. I really like the pictures you posted (also the cool effect when scrolling down!)
And it made me a bit more aware of moire patterns happening in real life as well, whenever you move past geometric aligned objects (like garden fences or grids) that have a second layer behind them this results in very similar patterns!
so thanks for sharing, and keep it up!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 07:43:24 AM »

I have stumbled upon an interesting explanation of the different effects that can be seen in some of the moiré patterns posted above. It comes from a computer programmer who have "accidentally" created a moiré pattern, such as the ones I have created, and who have studied it's properties through the lense of a computer programmer. The read is quite interesting and suggests that there are more to those moiré patterns than meets the eye.

here is the link:
http://nooleanbot.blogspot.ca/2014/02/playing-with-moire-patterns-and-html5.html

Cheers.

Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KcItUMMK_iMWJfZTZDNVJxd0k/view
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 02:54:09 PM »

very interesting read! the similarity to magnetic field lines is fascinating.
and your huge moire-image is beautiful - especially when moving/zooming.

thank you for sharing!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Mrz00m
Fractal Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 04:50:33 PM »

timespace is a hidden fractal since it is infinite and the distance serves a function of zoom, and it changes slowly if time changes too until the stars are all switched off 100 or 1000bn years away.
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 03:37:13 AM »

A very similar pattern can be found by using a line drawing program in XOR mode (instead of the lines drawing in black, it flips the pixel colour from white to black, or visa versa). Then you just draw a line from the centre to every pixel on the boundary of a square.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: