Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 04:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hidden fractals in nature  (Read 3055 times)
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« on: July 29, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »

Hello all, my name is Alex and I am new to the forum.

I have come to this forum in the goal of finding an explication for a fractal that i have discovered while tampering with the windows paint application. What I discovered specifically, is that there is an entirely natural hidden fractal behind the application. This fractal is not generated by a mathematical formula, but is instead, a natural fractal that comes into light whenever a specific drawing pattern is followed within the windows paint application (i will go into the details if i am asked). What i find remarkable from this fractal, is that it seems to portray - through the specific drawing pattern that allows the fractal to be seen - a natural pattern that can be found in nature since it originates from a simplistic formula that reflects the expansion of a single point within a pre-defined space (that is how I have come to understand it since the fractal is generated through the philosophical application of the mathematics behind fractals). What is thus revealed when the formula is applied, is a multi-layered pattern that displays a "perfection" that couldn't be left by chance.

Although it is incomplete, I have attached my most recent fractal that obeys the formula described. If you can open your mind to it, what we can see from this fractal is that there is a multi-layered pattern that seems to reveal a multi-dimensional property of nature.

What do you guys think of the partial fractal?

P.S. I would recommend zooming in and out of the fractal image as each zoom reveals a different aspect of the fractal itself. Also, remember that the fractal is incomplete and that new patterns will emerge when it will be completed.

* Multi-dimentionality.zip (103.3 KB - downloaded 95 times.)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:48:32 PM by Ouroboros » Logged
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:11:07 PM »

sounds really intriguing, but to be honest I don't trust a zip file from a stranger.

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:22:50 PM »

I understand your reluctance when it comes to opening a zip file on the internet, but i assure you that the file is clean; It's just that the file is bigger than the accepted size limit in the forum when not compressed, so I had to compress it. I wanted to insert the image directly in the message, but i forgot how to when selecting the "insert image" option. Maybee someone can guide me on how to put the image directly on the message?
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:38:30 PM »

I suggest converting the image to jpg instead of using zip-compression for a raw image.
Then just use "attach" as you did with the zip file and the image will show.

Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 11:52:56 PM »

I suggest converting the image to jpg instead of using zip-compression for a raw image.
Then just use "attach" as you did with the zip file and the image will show.

I converted the image to jpg format and attached it but i got the same message saying that the file is too big.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:02:34 AM »

size limit is 256kb. but as your zip image is just 100kb, this should not be a problem, jpg is better for image compression than zip. try a lower quality setting.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 12:06:46 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums   afro

sounds really intriguing, but to be honest I don't trust a zip file from a stranger.

I was thinking the same thing.

If this is a picture, post it in our gallery!

Your description is hard to understand.  But I don't think anything "natural" can ever come from mspaint!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 01:20:43 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums   afro

I was thinking the same thing.

If this is a picture, post it in our gallery!

Your description is hard to understand.  But I don't think anything "natural" can ever come from mspaint!

The fractal generated by the pattern that I followed in ms paint, may not be a reflection of something which is natural in nature, but it sure is a reflection of a pattern found within computers. I won't explain in explicit details why i see the fractal that is generated as a reflection of the nature of computers, but i will only say that the resulting fractal was not foreseen by me when i started applying the process which revealed the fractal. Thus, I say that the fractal is 'natural' because it came about through the simple application of the 'process' that i followed (a process that came about through my intuition about the dynamics of an "explosion") which, when closely analysed - iteration through iteration - closely ressembles the idea that i have of the feedback dynamics that exists between a "center of awareness" and it's surroundings. Also, the fractal revealed itself to me. I did not intend it - it merely showed itself to me. Thus, since it was more of a "discovery" as in the act of uncovering something which is hidden - I believe that it reflect some law that governs nature (as is the case with all fractals by the way).

Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 01:28:14 AM »

I would suggest to view the fractal through mspaint, as it allows more details than the default picture viewer program found in windows 7/10.
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 11:52:03 PM »

just post a pic and everything is fine.
else I won't bother, and I guess many others won't bother either.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »

just post a pic and everything is fine.
else I won't bother, and I guess many others won't bother either.

Yes, attachments are not intended for images.

Ever.

Especially hidden in zip files   police

I should just delete the attachment because of the suspicions it raises.  Especially from a new member.

Why wont you just post the image in the gallery?  It is where you are supposed to post images and has a much larger file size allowance!

Attachments are mostly for very small things like parameters or low resolution screen shots, or that sort of thing.  They were never intended for images.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:42:36 AM by Sockratease, Reason: Grammar! » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 07:15:27 PM »

A peek into the stars!

Unfinished
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »

That seems to be a moiré pattern:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern

But that one seems to be a little more complex than others I have seen.

Edit: I am looking at this from my phone but the effect of the pattern seems to be enhanced by the screen of my phone, depending on the size of the page.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »

yep, clearly moiré..
it's a result of the limited resolution of your screen. and I agree that it has fractal properties.

It happened with some special settings in ultrafractal too, made a video with it:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QdDbMnwqr1o&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/QdDbMnwqr1o&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Ouroboros
Forums Freshman

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:18 PM »

Yep, it may be moiré, but it is fascinating none the less. It provides a way to reveal hidden patterns in invisible layers. And what about those patterns? Even if they come from the interference caused by two lines of different angles, more or less, they still reveal a specific type of order and harmony within the pattern. Where do those specific patterns come from and what do they represent? In the moiré that I created, one can see the multiple depth of each "star like symbol" (especially if the image is viewed through an application that allows deep zoom). If studied closely, logic can be found in the relationship of each "individual patterns" in a moiré such as the one that I created. There is more to a moiré than meets the eye.

I will soon reveal the final "moiré" pattern that i created as i am close to finishing it. I believe that there are many things a moiré can reveal about the fundamentals of nature if studied with an open mind (just like any other fractals).

Edit: I have made many more such "moiré patterns", all of which have different dimensions. What is fascinating is that each moiré exhibit different patterns depending on the dimension (size of the moiré in pixels) that I have made them under. There are definite and unique patterns that are generated depending on the size of the moiré. The moiré pattern that I published in this forum is the most grand in size of those patterns that I have created and took me hours upon hours to complete. I will publish the images of all of the moirés of different sizes that I have created on the forum soon so that you can see all of the different patterns that are generated in moirés of different sizes.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:29:58 PM by Ouroboros » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: