Logo by MandelBRO - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber2 error message "Fractal ui file can't be loaded"  (Read 359 times)
Pete
Forums Newbie

« on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »

Hello I’ve just downloaded Mandelbulber2 and am keen to explore the examples and tutorial material.

When trying to view certain formulae, I get the following message:

Error: Can't open file /Users/Home/share/mandelbulber2/qt_data/fractal_benesi_T1_pine_tree.ui
   Fractal ui file can't be loaded

Looking in the share folder, I can see the file in question is absent from my  ‘qt_data’ folder.

I found references to files that look as if they could be the missing ones from my ‘qt_data’ folder at this location:

https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/tree/master/mandelbulber2/qt_data

However, I don’t know how to convert these files (text files containing code) into something I can put in my ‘qt_data’ folder. Could you please advise how to download the full set of formulae or how to compile the text files at the above location.

Best regards Pete Nunn
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:44:39 PM »

Hi Peter,

Have you tried a fresh download and install?

What operating system are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: