Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 09:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Netrender "Qbyte texture array" error  (Read 1919 times)
Description: Netrender clients return "can't load texture from Qbyte array" then crashes
paigan0
Fractal Lover

stephen.sink.9
« on: July 18, 2016, 11:41:06 PM »

Since 2.08.1 came out, I'm having problems connecting some clients to some servers. I've tried different combinations and sometimes everything will work, but usually the attached screen shot error pops up "Can't load texture from Qbyte array" and then it'll crash. Doesn't matter if it's 8, 16, 24, or 32-cores, most of the clients will crash.

Computers are all Windows-based at the moment, but a mix of Win 10 and Windows server 2012.

* scrennshot error qbyte array.png (6.71 KB, 294x123 - viewed 133 times.)

Stephen (Steve) Sink, Paigan Productions
(SoundCloud) http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
(3D Fractal Music Videos) http://vimeo.com/channels/fractals
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:58 PM »

Hi paigan,

i was not able to reproduce this error yet.
THe Server sends THe used textures over network to all Clients. When received THW client then loads THW texture but this fails in your case.
Probably some evil memory based race condition. We will try to solve and let you know if we find a solution...
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:23 PM »

Since 2.08.1 came out, I'm having problems connecting some clients to some servers. I've tried different combinations and sometimes everything will work, but usually the attached screen shot error pops up "Can't load texture from Qbyte array" and then it'll crash. Doesn't matter if it's 8, 16, 24, or 32-cores, most of the clients will crash.

Computers are all Windows-based at the moment, but a mix of Win 10 and Windows server 2012.

To reproduce the problem I need following information:
- were both systems 64-bit?
- do this happen when you use texture for background or for some layer of material?
- What file format do you use for textures?.

paigan0
Fractal Lover

stephen.sink.9
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »

To reproduce the problem I need following information:
- were both systems 64-bit?
- do this happen when you use texture for background or for some layer of material?
- What file format do you use for textures?.

Both/all systems were 64 bit. I'm using a jpeg for the background, which I've used many times for many different videos.

I actually went so far as to do a clean install of Windows on a re-partitioned hard drive and still no luck. I'm using standalone 2.8.1 and also installed 2.8.1 and no luck. My PC that I mainly use for Open CL GPU fractals because it has an mSI 980 as a GPU will no longer join the Netrender without the Q byte array error. I even went so far as to run the same fractal with no background texture and it still crashed the one PC.

I had 2 servers that wouldn't connect at first and did the same Q byte array error but I eventually got them to connect and I haven't restarted them lest I lose whatever made it work again. But one PC will not join the Netrender without that error. I haven't tried a bunch of different fractals yet, but I included the one I'm using.

I've been using custom formulas imported over from v2 the last week and my render farm is still running, but just out of habit. I'd prefer to run the GPUs since they are exponentially faster than my 240 cores running at full speed.

I've got the main 16-core PC as the server and then 2 24-cores and my 8-core Mac Mini with BootCamp as a PC. They all connect fine now. My DELL PC 4790 chip 8-core will not connect for anything. Very frustrating.

Thanks for checking, Buddhi!

* surfknob3.fract (6.31 KB - downloaded 76 times.)

Stephen (Steve) Sink, Paigan Productions
(SoundCloud) http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
(3D Fractal Music Videos) http://vimeo.com/channels/fractals
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: