Logo by tomot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 10:37:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: MathLapse Film Festival  (Read 1083 times)
Description: Satelite Event to the IMAGINARY Conference 2016 Berlin
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: July 18, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »

Next Friday July 22, as part of the IMAGINARY Conference in Berlin Germany, the MathLapse Film Festival will take place at SPEKTRUM | art science community.
The event can be found here: https://imaginary.org/event/mathlapse-film-festival-award-ceremony
I submitted a hastily stitched Mathlapse myself about Mandelbox fractals.
On Friday, I recieved a request to provide a high quality copy of that short film, as it will be shown within the festival.

I hope I did not built in technical errors, as many mathematicians will see my implementation. Judge yourself and have fun!

<a href="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=170588993&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=170588993&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:00:26 PM »

Oh that's cool, Spektrum is right around the corner of my old flat, I taught 5-6 people how to code IFS fractal rendering there a month or two ago at one of their computer art meetups smiley

Too bad I'll be on holiday travelling around other European countries at the time, would love to attend Sceptical

LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:10:54 PM »

Taurus, you make me happy - we are both taking part in the Award Ceremony of the MathLapse Film Festival. I have submitted 5 animations (this, this, this, this and that) and they all got nominated. The public screening is tonight at 20:30.

There will be several winners. I hope you will be one of them.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »

Taurus, you make me happy - we are both taking part in the Award Ceremony of the MathLapse Film Festival. I have submitted 5 animations (this, this, this, this and that) and they all got nominated. The public screening is tonight at 20:30.

There will be several winners. I hope you will be one of them.

Man your submissions are really elaborated, compared to my quick shot!
Did you ever hear something about the results? I only saw the highest ranked one - Modelling an Egg by Cloe Lo - but nothing about the rest. When I look at your entries, I'm pretty sure not to be among the winners, but I'm courious. Do they have doubts about License problems or why don't they publish the result?  confused

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:11:46 AM »

I have no idea who the winners are. I only know there will be 5 winners. The egg video might be a winner, according to a tweet by Imaginary, but so far I cannot find any public, official and explicit announcement. Maybe this is my punishment that I did not attend?

I will wait a month and then I will write to Carina from the Imaginary team (she was the one that asked me for maximum resolution videos).
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: