Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 09:43:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Competition 2016 - Results - 1st-3rd Places  (Read 9090 times)
haltenny
Safarist

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »

Wow, so happy to be among this years winners! Congratulations to everyone! So hard to get a 'plain, raw' fractal with no tricks in the running too. Thanks to everyone that voted!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 12:15:59 AM »

First my congrats to pulsar, arias, Hal, Johan, Matthew, stardust4ever and CFJH. Well deserved wins! Especially I am pleased for Hal's first place. He has been one of the best AND most unique artists for years, so this victory is more than deserved.

One shows quantity, the other shows quality.

You still got that one dimensional pov? It is an open secret, that on platforms that contain dislikes - like youtube - the percentage of dislikes increases with the number of "votes". For sure the tendency you mentioned should not be dismissed, but in best case, it is half of the truth.
So the divergence we see in still frame and weaker in film section is nothing, but natural!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
xenodreambuie
Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 01:05:59 AM »

Congratulations to everyone, and to the winners. I will message the winners about the Jux and XenoDream prizes.

Regards, Garth
http://xenodream.com
Vega
Global Moderator
Conqueror

From Russia With Love

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:08 AM »

All winners pictures are black, dark (except the watermelon).

Spain2points
Navigator

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »

cool stuff, congrats to the winners
haltenny
Safarist

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 08:22:58 PM »

First my congrats to pulsar, arias, Hal, Johan, Matthew, stardust4ever and CFJH. Well deserved wins! Especially I am pleased for Hal's first place. He has been one of the best AND most unique artists for years, so this victory is more than deserved.

Thank you very much taurus! That is so kind and so much appreciated!
pinballpsycho
Forums Freshman

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »

Congrats to all who entered!  Some really impressive work!
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »

Friendly bump, my contest winning entrants are up on deviantart.com now! afro

http://stardust4ever.deviantart.com/art/Dance-of-the-Fire-Dragon-II-2016-FF-Contest-Winner-630161787
http://stardust4ever.deviantart.com/art/Magnum-Opus-Dragon-2016-FF-Contest-Winner-630162143
http://stardust4ever.deviantart.com/art/Magnum-Opus-Dragon-5k-Panorama-630162355

The panorama version Magnum Opus Dragon had to be rerendered for the ultra wide aspect of the Coffee Mug prize, and I liked it enough to render it a second time as "5k" panoramic version (5120x2160). Sorry for the late reply but I tend to procrastinate, LOL... clown

I am currently working on a zoom movie in Kalles Fraktaller that passes through the original Dance of the Fire Dragon location to the minibrot at ~e257, but it's slow go. Last I checked, over 55 hours into the final frame at 4k resolution with 337,500,000 iteration limit! No telling when the zoom video will be done but I hope it picks up speed or it might take months to complete. Good thing I have a UPS! Overclocked Bulldozer CPU is running stable but a bit warm, 71 C, pulling about 325 watts at the outlet in the summer heat... fiery

Thanks again to everyone who competed; you guys are all great!  thanks sign
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:05:56 AM by stardust4ever » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: