Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:39:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to deal with the current youtube situation?  (Read 3455 times)
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« on: June 14, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »

I have not posted a video on youtube for a few months due to personal circumstances now that I can see that I will have time within several weeks I will start thinking about it again.

BUT due to the current situation I am afraid to post anything. I use copyrighted music in my videos. I know how to follow the fair use rules. But the system used by youtube has become rather unstable in the time Ive been inactive.

Have others here on the forums been affected by this? Is there a way this could be dealt with? Are there ways to reduce the risk of getting falsely reported? Are there alternatives for youtube?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:50:37 PM by TheRedshiftRider » Logged

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »

I always use vimeo as second platform because most of my videos on Youtube are affected by GEMA and can not be played inside Germany, additionally the quality seems to be better
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »

Thank you, I will certainly have a look at vimeo.

I did find a way to check whether I could use a song:

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

I don't seem to be doing anything wrong. I guess I only have to look out for people who actually try to abuse the system. I've heard that Sony's policy actually wanted people to be charged a few hundred euro's which is not possible if you compare it to youtube's system.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »

If you don't mind others monetizing off your videos you can use music of people or companies who tend to do just that.
If you rather want to be free, have a look for free music - YouTube offers a reasonably sized library of that itself and there also are various sites around that do the same.
If you are open to pay (very) small fees you could have a look out for awesome music a bandcamp - the policies there depend on the creator in question I think but a lot of them offer DRM free music if you throw a buck at them or something. I.e. pay once and be free to use the raw music files in any way shape or form you might like. It's very possible that you have heard quite a few of such tracks in YT video backgrounds without even knowing.

I heard Vimeo is friendlier to use for creators but to me, primarily being a consumer, YouTube is a better option. Their player is more responsive and has better features. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch it on Vimeo though.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »

If you don't mind others monetizing off your videos you can use music of people or companies who tend to do just that.
If you rather want to be free, have a look for free music - YouTube offers a reasonably sized library of that itself and there also are various sites around that do the same.
If you are open to pay (very) small fees you could have a look out for awesome music a bandcamp - the policies there depend on the creator in question I think but a lot of them offer DRM free music if you throw a buck at them or something. I.e. pay once and be free to use the raw music files in any way shape or form you might like. It's very possible that you have heard quite a few of such tracks in YT video backgrounds without even knowing.

I heard Vimeo is friendlier to use for creators but to me, primarily being a consumer, YouTube is a better option. Their player is more responsive and has better features. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch it on Vimeo though.
Yes, I don't mind the ads on my videos. So I will probably not be using the free library. Since I only use music I have bought myself.

Thanks

Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »

I also use only the YT audio library. You can choose with or without ads but with adds you have more choice.  It does not mean that they always use adds only when the author of the song wants it to.  I myself made a note with all different kinda music and names that I like so when I got a video ready I know how and where to look without having to plow
through ? hundreds thousand songs or so.
I made some music of my own with Magix Music Maker, but even with that I got into trouble with YT.   They are bloodsuckers  fiery
Next time I will use music from Nathan Tillet (one of our members) he has good music (if you like guitar music, blues as well as moods etc.)  https://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzyplanet           You were free to use his music and you could download it.  He probably still does offer it.   Maybe there are a lot more who offer this.  Not with the normal free sound for you get the warning of the  'third party' with youtube.  The make things very difficult.  SO I gave up hopping mad surrender; give up
Ok guys I'm gonna hit the road with my wheels (scooter wink It's nice weather so a good moment for a a breath of 'fresh air'    A Beer Cup A Beer Cup  have great day!

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: