Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Madelbulb surface  (Read 477 times)
Description: 3D Mandelbulb graphic object
bosottip
Forums Freshman

« on: May 31, 2016, 12:43:41 AM »

There's nothing interesting in this rendering; what's new, at least for me, is that it's not a 2D projection of the well known Mndelbulb.
It's a 3D graphic object that can be rotated and translated without recalculating the fractal.
It's also possible to zoom into it, but of course without getting more details.
The surface is obtained scanning a volume of 1024 pixel in the x, y and z direction, saving only the external points and discarding the internal ones.
The whole 3D object is made by some 2.7 milion voxels plus normal and color.
In theory it could be done with any higher resolution to allow zooming into it, but of course the reolution is limited by the available memory in the GPU, since the number of voxels quadrules doubling the linear resolution.
The rendering is done with a standard Phong shader and the object could be imported into any graphic application.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33ejqk3qmwxg1id/video.mov?dl=0
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OL3A2_djXKM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/OL3A2_djXKM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:10:40 AM by bosottip » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: