Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 08:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Feature request: Specify seed for initial Z value  (Read 2405 times)
Description: HPDZ Buffalo implementation is incorrect.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »

Seeds seem to reset if large integer seeds are used, is there a current limit on how precise the seeds can be?

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »

the seeds are of double datatypes.
The dialog shows max 7 seven decimals, but you can specify a more precise value
Max value is not useful if it is larger than 2.
The AP library cannot have a too large value, since its puprose is to handle values less than 2

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »

I have noticed values larger than two don't work. Im currently trying to prepare for a zoom I am planning to make. The zoom itself isn't any different but the final minibrot will be different. But for that I would need to use a seed value of 1.0E-100 or smaller which did not work. Would it be possible to specify the seeds in scientific notation?

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:29 PM »

I have noticed values larger than two don't work. Im currently trying to prepare for a zoom I am planning to make. The zoom itself isn't any different but the final minibrot will be different. But for that I would need to use a seed value of 1.0E-100 or smaller which did not work. Would it be possible to specify the seeds in scientific notation?
Yes you should be able to enter "1.0E-100"
But if you open the dialog again it will unfortunately only display 0, since I display only 7 digits.
That's something that should be improved

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 12:19:17 AM »

I'm just glad we have the option now. It's always nice... wink
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »

Thank you.

TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »

I managed to get it working by editing the save-file.

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 03:31:10 AM »

I managed to get it working by editing the save-file.
I'm glad he made it where you could just edit the file in notepad. In my "Dense Tapestries" video (inspired by Kalles Fraktaler's "Engine Block") I needed to set the angle to .15014 degrees, because with a 5.5 million percent stretch (55 thousand pixel aspect ratio) it did not display enough digits in the dialog box or in the saved file, but stored them in memory. 0.1501 and 0.1502 were both markedly skewed. Editing the save file was tempting, but ultimately I didn't have to as the extra "4" at the end was easy enough to type.

Perhaps for the HPDZ Buffalo, typing "0.5000000" followed by a wall of text worth of zeros up until the number of digits exceeds the precision needed, might fix the e30 bug. I have not tested this out yet. I noticed KF seems to always round down when calculating floats. You can tell in the numeric display in zoom movies, sometimes it reads for instance "3.9" instead of "4.0" when the final zoom depth was an exact power of 2 carried out to many digits.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: