Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 04:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: v2 netrender and file saving  (Read 1254 times)
joe
Explorer

« on: May 20, 2016, 05:22:45 AM »

Netrender is crippled for larger images. One or two lines of image per core return from client, then server renders everything else while the client finishes its part and sits there idling.

Also there is no error notification if animation image path does not exist. It's my own stupid fault, but now I have to go to the event without the content I spent three days rendering.
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »

Hi joe,

- animation render with broken folder:
thanks for your bug report, i made it an issue on github and will take care of this for the next release:
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/issues/93
Too bad, you rendered for nothing. You should always keep an eye on the program if it really does, what you want. Especially in keyframe / flight animation you should always check the output folder, if the first frames render properly.

- netrender crippled for large images:
can you tell us a little bit more about your setup and what image you try to render?
I was not able to reproduce this yet. The load should be distributed (almost) evenly over all cores on all machines in the cluster.
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 06:21:17 PM »

animation render with broken folder:
is fixed now for next release:
https://github.com/buddhi1980/mandelbulber2/commit/9a32cdcc577adb854fb008310a25184abf88ddec
joe
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »

Nice one, thank you very much!

4 core desktop server and 8 core i7 laptop client, both running win7.
Mandelbulber v 2.07-1
Gigabit router

Just worked out netrender is only crippled when I try to render a keyframe animation, works fine with the same images rendered normally.

I've tried ethernet cable and wireless card with the laptop, no difference. Between 1 and 35 lines done per image, usually 24, always at the start.
It works out faster for me to copy the settings file to the laptop and render only on that machine. That's why I didn't check to see if the files were showing up, I figured I had already proofed the images... oops.

The image does not clear between frames, so the next render is drawn on top of the last, is this supposed to be happening? It's cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: