Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:59:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Greetings from the Fractal Foundation  (Read 2851 times)
Description: Intro Post
FractalFoundation
Alien

Infinite Math, Infinite Beauty, Infinite Love

« on: January 07, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »

Hi there - I've been following the Forums for a while as a guest, and now it's time to register and introduce myself!
I run an educational nonprofit called the Fractal Foundation that uses the beauty of fractals to inspire interest in science, math and art. (Our slogan is "Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!") See our website at http://FractalFoundation.org for more about the organization, and we also have a flourishing facebook fanpage at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Albuquerque-NM/Fractal-Foundation/71846292968

One very exciting thing we do here in New Mexico is a monthly planetarium show, "First Friday Fractals" where we zoom people into fractals in immersive hires video, with original music, and it's extremely cool. We've been doing it for 3 years now, and we've sold out every single show, 132 times in a row! It's become quite a phenomenon, and now we're beginning to license the content to some other planetariums around the world. Fun! It's a little like a laser show, but 1000 times cooler, and also educational, as I lecture about the fractals in nature, and explain a little of the algebra too, so it's not only psychedelia.  

I've just started playing with Mandelbulbs (of course) both in Ultra Fractal with reb5.ufm and MMFwip3D as well as the wicked cool pixelbender filter by subblue.  I HAVE TO render hires zooms of the Mandelbulb! I can't wait to take my audiences on an immersive journey into this wonderland!

Glad to virtually meet all of you at last, and look forward to participating in the Forums...

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:44:59 PM by FractalFoundation » Logged

-Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
Executive Director
http://FractalFoundation.org
Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!
Become a facebook fan at: http://bit.ly/13pEkd
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:18 PM »

what a cool slogan! and welcome to the forums!  afro
i would love to see that show, i am right now planning for a visit to america ... at least i now have a reason to visit america at all cheesy
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:26:50 PM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »

Hi there - I've been following the Forums for a while as a guest,
    and now it's time to register and introduce myself!   ......  
    One very exciting thing we do here in [Albuquerque] New Mexico is
    a monthly planetarium show, "First Friday Fractals" where we zoom
    people into fractals in immersive hi-res video, with original music....

First of all, Greetings, and Welcome to this particular Forum !!!    smiley

Secondly, I know several people from that area (used to ski the Sandia Peak whenever there was snow).  I will be letting my acquaintances know about your show.  Thanks for giving the information.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 11:56:03 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »

Another mandelbulber-nerd, great! Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will share your highres-animations somewhere, can´t wait to see them!

Johan

aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »

I think I might have stumbled across your site a little while ago.

That is really cool what you do.  I really believe promoting science and math education is important, but too many educators unfortunately make it dry so kids get turned off of it.  Keep up the good work.  I'd love to see one of those shows sometime!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: