Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 08:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractInt formula file (hopefully with additional formulae for Kalles Fraktaler)  (Read 4015 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »

Right, new thread.

I'll include as a .frm file, but also copy-paste here for your perusal (cannot as it's too big).  This is in FractInt formula format, which is easy enough to learn if you're a newbie, but doesn't separate out the real/imaginary parts of a formula unless you specifically ask it to.  Therefore, all variables are complex numbers.

There is also a very handy reference to determine what functions are used internally which I am going to copy/paste here:

TRIG IDENTITIES
The following trig identities are invaluable for coding fractals that use complex-valued transcendental functions of a complex variable in terms of real-valued functions of a real variable, which are usually found in compiler math libraries. In what follows, we sometimes use "*" for multiplication, but leave it out when clarity is not lost. We use "^" for exponentiation; x^y is x to the y power.

(u+iv) + (x+iy) = (u+x) + i(v+y)
     (u+iv) - (x+iy) = (u-x) + i(v-y)
     (u+iv) * (x+iy) = (ux - vy) + i(vx + uy)
     (u+iv) / (x+iy) = ((ux + vy) + i(vx - uy)) / (x^2 + y^2)

e^(x+iy) = (e^x) (cos(y) + i sin(y))

log(x+iy) = (1/2)log(x^2 + y^2) + i(atan(y/x) + 2kPi)
        for k = 0, -1, 1, -2, 2, ...
(The log function refers to log base e, or ln. The expression atan(y/x) is an angle between -pi and pi in the quadrant containing (x,y) implemented in C as the atan2() function.)
     z^w = e^(w*log(z))

sin(x+iy)  = sin(x)cosh(y) + i cos(x)sinh(y)
     cos(x+iy)  = cos(x)cosh(y) - i sin(x)sinh(y)
     tan(x+iy)  = sin(x+iy) / cos(x+iy)
     sinh(x+iy) = sinh(x)cos(y) + i cosh(x)sin(y)
     cosh(x+iy) = cosh(x)cos(y) + i sinh(x)sin(y)
     tanh(x+iy) = sinh(x+iy) / cosh(x+iy)
     cosxx(x+iy) = cos(x)cosh(y) + i sin(x)sinh(y)
(cosxx is present in Fractint to provide compatibility with a bug which was in its cos calculation before version 16)
                       sin(2x)               sinh(2y)
     tan(x+iy) = ------------------  + i------------------
                 cos(2x) + cosh(2y)     cos(2x) + cosh(2y)

sin(2x) - i*sinh(2y)
     cotan(x+iy) = --------------------
                    cosh(2y) - cos(2x)

sinh(2x)                sin(2y)
     tanh(x+iy) = ------------------ + i------------------
                  cosh(2x) + cos(2y)    cosh(2x) + cos(2y)

sinh(2x) - i*sin(2y)
     cotanh(x+iy) = --------------------
                     cosh(2x) - cos(2y)

asin(z) = -i * log(i*z+sqrt(1-z*z))
     acos(z) = -i * log(z+sqrt(z*z-1))
     atan(z) = i/2* log((1-i*z)/(1+i*z))

asinh(z) = log(z+sqrt(z*z+1))
     acosh(z) = log(z+sqrt(z*z-1))
     atanh(z) = 1/2 * log((1+z)/(1-z))

sqr(x+iy) = (x^2-y^2) + i*2xy
     sqrt(x+iy) = sqrt(sqrt(x^2+y^2)) * (cos(atan(y/x)/2) + i sin(atan(y/x)/2))

ident(x+iy) = x + iy
     conj(x+iy) = x - iy
     recip(x+iy) = (x-iy) / (x^2+y^2)
     flip(x+iy) = y + ix
     zero(x+iy) = 0
    one(x+iy)  = 1
     cabs(x+iy) = sqrt(x^2 + y^2)
     floor(x+iy) = floor(x) + i*floor(y)
     ceil(x+iy)  = ceil(x) + i*ceil(y)
     trunc(x+iy) = trunc(x) + i*trunc(y)
     round(x+iy) = round(x) + i*round(y)

Fractint's definitions of abs(x+iy) and |x+iy| below are non-standard. Math texts define both absolute value and modulus of a complex number to be the same thing. They are both equal to cabs(x+iy) as defined above.

|x+iy| = x^2 + y^2
     abs(x+iy) = sqrt(x^2) + i sqrt(y^2)

The formula file is attached.

If you need me to explain anything, just ask here.  I will attempt to produce some images of those that I feel may work well.

* SIMON.zip (14.95 KB - downloaded 118 times.)

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:53:01 AM »

Thanks a lot smiley

However I need help converting the complex functions into zr/zi formulas...
Which you would do if you would make an FX plugin?

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:54:27 PM »

I can go through the file of entries to determine which ones would make great fractals for your program, then give you the code as it would be in Fractal eXtreme, but it will take me a while to go through the file.

I've also started thinning out my old fractals from the list that are:

a) rubbish
b) unsuitable due to using division and trig functions
c) using non escape time colouring

If there's anything you can/cannot code for it would be helpful to know so I can weed out anything else that won't work (it'll make the file much smaller)

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: