Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 03:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New User - Early Feedback  (Read 1672 times)
morbidorbits
Forums Freshman

« on: April 23, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »

Hi Botond,

I am a new user of Mandel Machine, as of yesterday, and I just wanted to provide some feedback.  Firstly thanks for the work you have put into this software and I am looking forward to seeing it develop further  smiley

Pros
~Fast rendering
~Well designed interface
~Intuitive to use
~Antialiasing

Cons
~Having no option for Load/Save dialogues to remember previous folder location, or settings for default folder locations
~Having to import images for the extraction of palettes
~No import of palettes from other software (Ultra Fractal/Fractal eXtreme etc.)
~Limited colouring formula options
~Limited fractal options
~Recompute button could be better floating, or with Hot Key assigned (so we don't need to scroll up/down so much)
~Dwell Bands option is hard to use, as it's between the other two options which have horizontal sliders, and you need to be very accurate with mouse

Oh, and some questions:

1. What are Dwell Bands?
2. Why can't I see a Bailout value to change (just using default computation settings for now)?
3. What does the Histogram colouring do?
4. Are there any manuals / tutorials (either official or 3rd party)?

I haven't used any of the Animation section as yet, so al of the above is based on my explorations and deep zooms as still images.

Thanks
Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: