Logo by tomot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: What is it Like To Be A Mind?  (Read 606 times)
Description: A recursive rendering loop set up in Vuo
unic0de
Forums Newbie

« on: April 03, 2016, 03:51:38 AM »

Hi folks, I'm new!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xthTYrAxzT4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xthTYrAxzT4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Crank up the HD settings for the full effect smiley

Hope you like it, I'm enjoying everything in here!
Starmute
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:55:02 AM »

Wow. This is quite fascinating! How exactly did you do it?
unic0de
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:14:13 AM »

Ever seen one of those video-feedback loops where someone points a camera at its own monitor, leading to an infinite-tunnel effect?

Inspired by those things, I set up something similar as a 3d rendering system in Vuo. There's a virtual camera set up inside of a cube-shaped space, and the faces of the cube are each painted with the image captured by that camera in the previous frame (though each of the cube faces has a different colour-mapping or chromatic effect applied to it.)

The camera then moves freely around inside the space. So the image is self-similar, according to a mapping which is determined by the camera's position and orientation.

Sometimes a particular pixel of the camera, happens to be looking straight at a point on the cube's surface, which has been textured with that same pixel from the previous frame. These are attractors or stable points in the system. Other times, two different pixels of the camera are looking at each other's outputs, leading to a 2-point orbit, and so on! That's why you sometimes see strobing at different speeds.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:42:17 AM by unic0de » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: