Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:34:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: First post - hi - and how do you like my zoom?  (Read 1052 times)
Description: Mandelbrot zoom with Kalles Fraktaler
recursiveidentity
Forums Freshman

« on: March 31, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »

I've only been using Kalles for about three weeks I think... Pretty happy with this one - feel free to check out my channel and subscribe!  I'm just getting started!

I set color iterations to 4, and it gives quite a cool effect with the color cycling.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W85Tg4Hk80c&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/W85Tg4Hk80c&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:47 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Your zoom looks great, you now have a new subscriber. You seem quite experienced using the program and the julia-morphing you did is very good too.

If you would like some inspiration there are some channels you can have a look at, as far as I know they all use or have used kalles fraktaler:

Kalles fraktaler
Chillheimer
Stardus4ever
Sidefish
Commandlinecowboy
Brendan Fraser
Dinkydau00
Fractal universe
Jeroen Rijckaert
Kai wells
Seryzone x
The infinite fractals
And yann lby, but I see you are already subbed to him.

I also have a channel:
Dagomar schreuder

I am not active at this moment due to school and the recent problems with the copyright system on youtube.

I am looking forward to your zooms. wink

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
recursiveidentity
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:35:16 AM »

Thanks for the kind words!  I've just gotten to the point where I finally understand how Julia morphing works - and I love using the "show inflection" tool to help out!  Now that I can go deeper faster I've gotten a better feel for deep zooming... I've been doing fractal zooms since probably 1988 or so though!  Thanks for the youtube suggestions too!
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the kind words!  I've just gotten to the point where I finally understand how Julia morphing works - and I love using the "show inflection" tool to help out!  Now that I can go deeper faster I've gotten a better feel for deep zooming... I've been doing fractal zooms since probably 1988 or so though!  Thanks for the youtube suggestions too!
Download the latest version of Kalles Fraktaler, 2.9.4, and enjoy the excellent function from claude finding the minibrot or pattern doubling point with the Newton-Raphson method.
Julia morhing has never been easier
Even though... the time to calculate these points grows exponentially, but now the computer can do the dirty work!

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
recursiveidentity
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »

I actually have the newest version I think - I just haven't had a chance to learn everything yet...  Is there a more detailed manual or tutorial available somewhere?  In particular, I'm curious about how to add manual keyframes, left scrolling, that kind of thing...  Also not sure I understand the different things like wave coloring etc..  Or maybe there is a forum here for more help?

Edit - I NOW have the new version... Ctrl-h, ctrl-d is AWESOME!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:54:07 PM by recursiveidentity » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: