Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 04:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: a map I made of the Mandelbrot Set  (Read 11248 times)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:03 AM »

Pledged and shared!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:23 AM »

damn that was fast - too few early birds for the large poster.. who cares, I love it and 95$ for something that I will enjoy everyday is not too much.
2050$ - let's see if you can make it within 24h! smiley
Sent the link to a few friends.

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:16 AM »

damn that was fast - too few early birds for the large poster.. who cares, I love it and 95$ for something that I will enjoy everyday is not too much.
2050$ - let's see if you can make it within 24h! smiley
Sent the link to a few friends.
The "large" poster tier is $80 USD.

Seriously, the poster is gorgeous and deserves being blown up and printed. Here's the highest quality I could find using reverse image search. Hope you don't mind. I still can't read all the text but the quality of this art will be mind blowing...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:27:28 AM by stardust4ever » Logged
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »

The "large" poster tier is $80 USD.
yep, but with shipping to germany I'm at 95$.. I don't mind. great work deserves a good price, I hope tavis makes much more than the goal of 2800!

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2016, 01:08:47 PM »

yep, but with shipping to germany I'm at 95$.. I don't mind. great work deserves a good price, I hope tavis makes much more than the goal of 2800!
When will we be able to download the hd image for free?

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2016, 02:00:01 PM »

when tavis wins the lottery   angel
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2016, 02:59:06 PM »

congratz, reached the goal within 15 hours!
wohooo! looking forward to my poster..  grin

Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 05:25:41 PM »

I can't believe how fast this went. Because there was 30 days to reach the goal I looked at the page quickly and thought "I will come back here in the weekend and look into how kickstarter works".

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »

That's the proof that there a was a real need for such a map. Decorative and instructive, awesome vintage style, a true collector for all fractal fans and beyond!

Great job, can't wait to hang the poster at home!

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Fitz
Explorer

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:29 AM »

Interesting to see that of the 25 academic projects listed on Kickstarter, this is the only one with the "project we love" tag on it from Kickstarter staff. Since it's already surpassed the funding goal after less than a day and still has 28 to go, do you have any plans for stretch goals given the attention it's received?
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 02:13:52 AM »

Interesting to see that of the 25 academic projects listed on Kickstarter, this is the only one with the "project we love" tag on it from Kickstarter staff. Since it's already surpassed the funding goal after less than a day and still has 28 to go, do you have any plans for stretch goals given the attention it's received?
Good point. If demand is high enough, I can see additional runs being made even after the kickstarter. I've got in on the earlybird limited 36x24, I think I was the seventh to pledge at that tier but someone upgraded to the larger print, which may have dropped me to #6. Much as I love the idea of a 3x4.5 foot print, I'd have nowhere to hang something that big. I share a 3 bedroom house with my mom and I already have framed art stacked in the closet because there's no more room... tongue stuck out
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 02:33:37 AM »

Extremely cool!!!  afro  and good to hear  wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »

When will we be able to download the hd image for free?
LOL! Even if you had the 300dpi master, you wouldn't have access to printing tech half as good as the OP.

With that out of the way, @BillTavis, is there any chance you could provide us with some of the text in the image? I really want to read some of the texts you wrote. It looks really informative...
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2016, 08:48:03 AM »

congrats, that really went quick

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
billtavis
Safarist

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »

Thanks everyone! I really didn't know what to expect when I launched this thing and I am blown away by the response w00t !!
Since it's already surpassed the funding goal after less than a day and still has 28 to go, do you have any plans for stretch goals given the attention it's received?
I don't have any stretch goals yet, but it's a good idea - I am currently looking into what that entails and researching some options
If demand is high enough, I can see additional runs being made even after the kickstarter.
Absolutely! The Kickstarter is just to get this thing up and running - after that I plan to make the poster available indefinitely. My ideal goal for the distant future is to land a deal with a big-time poster distributor that can get this into poster stores everywhere. I can dream, right? But until then I will be selling them myself through my website...... And if I win the lottery it will be free posters for everyone! But don't hold your breath because I never buy lotto tickets  evil
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: