Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 10:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Lisaya - Sunday  (Read 1026 times)
Description: Videoclip created with mandelbulb, mandelbulber and 3d studio max.
Dimensional
Forums Newbie

« on: March 18, 2016, 04:46:14 PM »

Hi fractalfreaks,

last year I started playing with mandelbulb 3d. The result from many many render hours can be seen in this video clip I made for my track 'sunday'.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W7I6pNxKp-0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/W7I6pNxKp-0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

I tried to credit all the people I used settings from in the youtube description.

Hope you like it...

Alan
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »

Hi Alan!
Well done, nice tune and production skills!
I like the flight video very much too..

I personally would prefer a version without the spiky pulsing cube in front, it somehow works against the smooth sounds and flight

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Dimensional
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »

Hi Chillheimer,

thanks for your comment! I see what you mean about the cube smiley I am working on another 'flight' mandelbulb animation video at the moment, there will be no such object flying in front of the mandelbulb beauty this time..

Alan
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:24:41 AM »

Beautiful work, great tune, really enjoyed that vid  afro

I have to agree with Chillheimer , the spikey cube in a static position relative to the observer takes a little bit away from an otherwise great vid, personally I would give it 5 stars if the spikey cube was on a path and the observer was chasing it.

If this is your first fractal vid with mandelbulb 3d then it deserves 5 stars anyways. smiley
 Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Dimensional
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »

Hi 3dickulus,

thanks for the comment.

The thing about the spiky cube is that it took me some effort to create also, somehow I wanted to use it.
It is a cube, consisting of 100x100x100 faces with the Greeble plugin on it. The greeble creates the spikes.
I rendered out the music in 4 different frequency layers (kick, low bass, mids, highs), and used those waveforms to animate the amplitude of different greeble(spike) sets.
Also the kick lights up the surrounding frame. So all those things were 'automated' in 3ds max and rendered, which took quite some time smiley
The rotation of the cube is a simple noise xyz rotation controller, and in post I added a handheld transformation to it.

Next video is in the making, I will post it here when it's done smiley

Alan

quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »

thats some cool stuff you did to create the cube   cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: