Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 01:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: What is the "visible matter" of 3d-fractals made of?  (Read 4652 times)
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »

Hi!
I just want to make sure if I got this right:
The black body of the M-Set is the points that do NOT go to infinity and the everything surrounding rest is heading infinity, when actually calculating the formula.
That's clear to me.

Is it the same in 3d fractals?

Bonus question: Is dynamic fog the equivalent to the colouring of the m-set, showing how fast the points go to infinity? (And if not, wouldn't that look cool?)

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »

it is true wink for 3d fractals only the "inner" parts are rendered, all starting points that do NOT converge to infinity make up the "bulb" (or whatever fractal type)

there is an "iteration fog" option in mandelbulber i think which does what you describe, visualising the iteration counts for how fast it went to infinity

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
ironfractal
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »

yes I whant to know to but what  could they be made of if they were out side the computer and  how would it work out side the computer

fractals are my love
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »

well, they are made out of atoms and cells and form  plants and rivers and all these example you exclude in your other post.
Why excluding them?
Mathematical fractals are perfect fractals. But nature isn't "mathematically perfect" because it has very complex conditions, we have a huge multifractal system that influences the basic rules like branching of a tree, like wind or the direction of sunlight. So they don't look like the perfect mathematical version of a fractal tree.
I think you search for something that already is in plain sight.

this reminds me of this image:
sorry for the rude language, it's how that pic was made, I don't mean to call you that at all!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: