Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:03:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: compo 2016 preparation: 2 gallety moderators required  (Read 6504 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: March 08, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »

Hi all, forthis years competition i want to have2gallery mods in chargeofthe gallery,task sinclude:

- checkimg each submission that it isfullfilling all requirements
- assist users in case of questions
-move entries to ocorrect section if uploaded wrong

please let me know if youare interested an be sure to have some spare time in the month of may

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:12 AM »

I know that I will probably not be able to submit art. But I think I can help with gallery moderation and general support.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »

that would be great, i include you in the soon to be created dedicated gallery-compo admin group

---

TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 11:35:06 AM »

that would be great, i include you in the soon to be created dedicated gallery-compo admin group

Ok, one thing I forgot though. Till the 8th of May I'm not sure whether I have an internet connection. Maybe a temporary third moderator would be an idea.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »

Ok, one thing I forgot though. Till the 8th of May I'm not sure whether I have an internet connection. Maybe a temporary third moderator would be an idea.

That is fine.  Part timers are welcome too.  The idea behind this is to avoid the issues which arose last year when no single moderator was able to dedicate the bulk of their mod-time to the gallery and things slipped through.  People complained and we are trying to show that we heard them and will not allow that to happen again!

Most of our moderators are either part time or spend the bulk of their time behind the scenes keeping spambots away and other things most members never see.

I'm dealing with illness in the family and will not be able to add the gallery to my already reduced activity here.

Maybe some of those who were effected last year would like to get a chance to make sure it goes smoothly this year?   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »

right sock, that is the reason, a bunch of people only watching over the gallery is the goal, for the time being of the competition submission period, since the compo is growing every year we have to deal with up 5 to 20 submissions every day

---

TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »

That is fine.  Part timers are welcome too.  The idea behind this is to avoid the issues which arose last year when no single moderator was able to dedicate the bulk of their mod-time to the gallery and things slipped through.  People complained and we are trying to show that we heard them and will not allow that to happen again!

Most of our moderators are either part time or spend the bulk of their time behind the scenes keeping spambots away and other things most members never see.

I'm dealing with illness in the family and will not be able to add the gallery to my already reduced activity here.

Maybe some of those who were effected last year would like to get a chance to make sure it goes smoothly this year?   afro

right sock, that is the reason, a bunch of people only watching over the gallery is the goal, for the time being of the competition submission period, since the compo is growing every year we have to deal with up 5 to 20 submissions every day

Ok if thats not a problem I'm glad to help. smiley

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:19 PM »

i am assigning the group when we have at least 2 or 3 people commiting to this task

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »

ok no more people seem to be aware of that we actually really do need help with that for getting the upcoming competition smooth and sober, so i push the message back on the newsfeed for you with this post, beside of the actual gallery mods help we could need as well mods dedicated in the every day work here, which is mainly manually triggering the sending of activation emails after checking the bot helper software

---

PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 12:19:32 AM »

I can help with the competition, but I am not quite sure if I can do the moderation full time.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: