Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: ManPWin ver.3.00.  (Read 6009 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:49:56 AM »

Paul de Leeuw has made available the latest beta of ManPWin v3.00 (1-MB), which was recently released on Saturday, 12th of December 2009.

http://www.deleeuw.com.au/    (scroll down about 3/5 of the way into the web page)

ManPWin is a FREE program based loosely on FractInt but is a full 32-bit program with true colour support.  ManPWin now offers animation scripting with direct creation of animated GIF and MPEG files.  Several new fractals have been added as well.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:25:15 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »

BTW, the latest beta version, ManPWin v3.01 (1.2-MB), was released on Saturday, 13th of July 2013.  You can download and check out the new fractals and features which have been added.

LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'm the author of ManpWIN. It has undergone huge changes since the early days.

Have a look at version 3.03 smiley

http://www.deleeuw.com.au/download/SetupManpWIN.exe

My current development is to add SimonBrot including fractional powers. I just wait for validation of the implementation.

Have fun  wink

Paul the LionHeart

Paul the LionHeart
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »

Hi Paul

I tried downloading your latest version but my antivirus software (Avast) flagged up a threat and will not let me back on your site nor to download the software.

The latest version on Software Informer was fine.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:46:39 PM by simon.snake » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »

Hi Simon,

Did you actually get the installation file in the end? If not, maybe I can zip it and rename it so something like ManpWIN.zm9 so the virus scanners won't have a hissy fit.

Any suggestions?

Paul the LionHeart
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »

From Software Informer, yes.

From your site, no.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:50 PM »

I'm glad you got it okay. Do the SimonBrot fractals look okay, especially for the fractional exponent values?

Please let me know.

Paul the LionHeart
LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 11:59:02 PM »

I was able to get ManpWIN onto WeTransfer:

https://we.tl/XgsgNlwBmH

It seems to work.

Paul the LionHeart
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:23 AM »

I have a bug to report.  I have a fairly substantial formula file (.FRM) which contains well over a hundred formulae.

I've had to split it into three files in order for ManPWin to display more of them, as it was impossible to see the ones further down.

I'm guessing you hold the file in some buffer, and it's possibly not big enough.  It would be nice to receive a warning of such if that is intended.

Each split section is around 80k in size (apart from the last one).

Simon

LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 12:58:40 AM »

Thanks for the bug report, Simon.

There may be many more smiley

Are you able to send me the file so I can test it?

Thanks.

Paul the LionHeart
LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »

Hi again Simon,

I've looked through the code and don't think it was the file size that crashed ManpWIN. I would like to have the full file to test with and see where the code breaks, if that's okay with you. As it is written, it loads the first 255 formulae and then simply rejects the rest without crashing. I can change this, but I suspect there is another bug. I'd like to see what it is.

Many thanks.

Paul the LionHeart
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 01:09:47 PM »

Can't seem to add an attachment.

Hopefully you get to see this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6b2JzXG1UNyOV8zamkwSS1JZFU/view?usp=sharing

If you'd like to go through the file seeing what's there, you may find interesting stuff to add to your program.

The formulas are named simon-nnnn where the nnnn is a number padded with zeros.

Ones around the 0047 mark have to have outside colouring set to tdis in FractInt in order to display anything, ones at 100 or so are the Simonbrot type ones, and others of note are:

0026, 0030, 0051 to 0053, 0086, 0105 and 0126.

It's best to check the output in FractInt too just to make sure they are similar in ManPWin.

* SIMON (full).zip (13.38 KB - downloaded 231 times.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:19:41 PM by simon.snake » Logged

LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »

Hi Simon,

Yep, I got it okay. Thanks. It doesn't crash in ManpWIN 3.03b (latest upload). However, it only loads the first 255 formulae. I have increased this limit to 800 and it seems to work.

simon0058-B: seems to have a lot of repetitions.

Let me test it for a while and see if it crashes. Time for bed now. Good night.

Paul the LionHeart
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 02:04:02 PM »

simon0058-B: seems to have a lot of repetitions.

Yes, just playing with different ways to do things.  Can't remember why I did that nor what the end result looks like.

Will have to have a look now.

LionHeart
Explorer

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »

Hi Simon,

About adding warnings to limits. I can add one, but then I have limits to all sorts of things. Warnings are a good idea...but... a lot of coding for something the size of ManpWIN. When I get a report like this, I simply make the counter limits larger smiley

It's not the buffer size, but a count of the number of objects required. FRACTINT never had more than a few dozen formulae, so I assumed 255 would meet everyone's needs. I guess it's a bit like the old 640KB limit on MS-DOS. That was considered the upper limit of what a program would ever require. Assumptions always get broken  wink

Anyway thanks for letting me know.

Paul the LionHeart
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: