Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:36:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: AMD/NVIDIA Crossfire/SLI within Fragmentarium?  (Read 2950 times)
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »

Just a polite reminder, the 3Dickulus version of Fragmentarium is always in a state of flux, if it crashes please try to repeat it and let me know the steps that lead to a crash and I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't do that, I try to test but usually that's limited to whatever I most recently added and not against every condition and option.
your input will help make it better, ty in advance for any help crushing bugs wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 11:27:30 AM »

After I've read reviews, checked prices, viewed benchmark reports, I decided I will settle on a gtx 980 ti. Which one I am not sure yet. And yes, extra cooling and a decent power supply will get there also smiley I very much appreciate all comments, thank you all very much!
ASUS, Zotac, Gygabyte - good choice  wink Do not choose 'turbocharged' cooling system - it's very noisy

ps. All my renders done at gtx660 - small and silent vodeocard by modern standards  grin

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »

@3dickulus Will send in any 'reproducable crash'-info. I d/l-ed you 'newest' the day before yesterday. Haven't had a lot of time yet to give it a go. The new computer will take a while before I have chosen all parts, have them shipped here and have build it myself or by a company (not sure yet if I want to build myself, last time it was a drama fitting everything into the casing:} ). So many of my crashes will have to do with this sorry excuse for a gpu I have here...

@Crist-JRoger Thank you, Sergei, will keep your recommendations in mind! smiley (but secretly, I dream of a water-cooling system where you can actually hear the water gently sloshing around the computer grin I imagine it would be so calming... wink )

sabine62.deviantart.com
PieMan597
Conqueror

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 08:50:20 PM »

You could always get a watercooled 980ti, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GeForce-XTREME-GAMING-WATERFORCE/dp/B017YOWRQ4
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »

Thank you very much, PieMan597, greatly appreciated! smiley

sabine62.deviantart.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down