Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 07:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Proper settings for Mandelbulb 3D to run fastest?  (Read 470 times)
Description: Getting a computer set up to chew through animations
Chordus
Forums Freshman

chordus
« on: December 29, 2015, 11:20:06 PM »

I recently got myself a decent computer setup...  until now, I was just using Mac laptop to render animations.  It's a horrible choice, and I am fully aware of how ashamed I should be, but it's what I had at the time.

I now have a PC decked out with the best graphics and cpu I can manage without breaking the bank entirely.  For all intents and purposes, it should be able to handle Mandelbulb 3D far faster, but I'm only getting a 20% increase in speed.  My assumption is that I'm doing something wrong.  I've tried to find info on how to increase performance, but I seem to be coming up short.  Does anybody have any hints on how I might be able to speed up rendering?

For the record, my skills in both hardware and software are somewhat lacking.  Pretend you're talking to an awesome dude who hasn't even tried the obvious fixes, because that's probably pretty close to the truth.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: