Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractals from scientific point of view  (Read 2381 times)
milankoko
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »

I am in search of a research topic and have always been intrigued by the fractals. I have been reading on various theories on fractal compression and modelling the stock market. I found that fractal compression didn't really get anywhere significant and stock market analysis is still pretty young.

Do you guys have any other interesting ideas I regarding scientific research that would include fractals? Can you point me to some interesting sites you might have stumbled upon?
oftakofta
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »

I am in search of a research topic and have always been intrigued by the fractals. I have been reading on various theories on fractal compression and modelling the stock market. I found that fractal compression didn't really get anywhere significant and stock market analysis is still pretty young.

Do you guys have any other interesting ideas I regarding scientific research that would include fractals? Can you point me to some interesting sites you might have stumbled upon?

If you are sitting on a university network with the proper subscription there is a recent review article in medical image analysis called "Fractal and multifractal analysis: a review" http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.media.2009.05.003 that could point you in all sorts of directions. I guess it is possible to obtain it from other sources as well.
vector
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »

hi milankoko and others,

being new to this forum,
i have written a long reply, but now it disappeared, so, please excuse, i will make it quite short:
Please have a look to fractal neural networks, not just the tree-branching aspect, but where cells of a bubble around zero in a coordinate system will divide, the children-cells will wander along logarithmic spirals to the square roots of these cells, keeping contact during their wandering with their parent cells by their axons, which will follow the course of the correspondant trajectories. You will end up after some iterations with a perfect Julia-or Mandelbrot(possible as well)-network with very elegant and-in my eyes-superior options to detect and process patterns. You could do a first search by items:"fractal neural nets, tomography in fractal neural nets, memory-strings". Published some articles and mostly posters at various occasions, one time got the honour, that the real 3D Mandelbrot himself sat beside me in the audience-room of the conference fractals 2004 in vancouver. He said, I should publish it, now, not really well done til now. Try to give links here:
One to a new mandelbulb-like structure, vegetable-like as well, not so much broccoli, more artichoke-like(more information about the algorithm on youtube):
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKvcX4oQkak&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CKvcX4oQkak&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
the other concerning fractal neural nets, my not serious, more messie-style-homepage, very provisionaire:
http://thomasfractalkromer.de/40318.html

best wishes,
Thomas (vector, trajektorde,trajektorulm)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:02:55 PM by vector » Logged
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »

I am in search of a research topic and have always been intrigued by the fractals.   I have been
    reading on various theories on fractal compression and modelling the stock market.   I found that
    fractal compression didn't really get anywhere significant and stock market analysis is still pretty young.
    Do you guys have any other interesting ideas I regarding scientific research that would include fractals?
    Can you point me to some interesting sites you might have stumbled upon?

Have you browsed through the section "Real World Examples & Fractical Applications" on this forum ??  There are all sorts of topics within the following boards there:
  • Fractal News across the World
  • Fluid Dynamics, Turbulence & Weather Prediction
  • Fractals in Nature
  • Stock Market Prediction
  • Compression
  • Philosophy

There is hardly a week that goes by that I do not see some new research being done where fractals are concerned.  Of course one has to set their browser to supply such information when doing searches.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:18:39 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: