Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 08:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Blue Sponge  (Read 846 times)
Description: mandelblub3d
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« on: December 13, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »

Cool reminds me of a couple of girls I know wink

police but seriously, it seems that your goal is to completely fill the front page of this thread with your art work and if you look back on the first 5 pages of this thread it seems to be the case you are trending toward. Some of your work is really nice but nothing to get terribly excited about. The administrators in all of their wisdom have limited uploading images for a reason, you have found a way to somewhat circumvent this limitation and are exploiting it, this will, after a while get tiring and will get limited too, especially if one tries to monopolize it or this becomes the "1Bryan1"  gallery. If I want to see the "1Bryan1" gallery I will go to DA and find it because your art work is so good I simply must have more, but sadly this is not the case, I find that having mediocre art stuffed in my face is a huge disappointment to such a degree that I don't bother looking at your material any more...

Do a tutorial on how you get some special effect or colouring, show us something new and different, reserve your posts for those images that stand out as special or represent a new feature in the software that no one else has figured out yet.

I am not trying to discourage you, a good artist requires practice to get better, but you are pushing everyone else's work aside. I don't consider myself a great artist but I do appreciate those who have the drive and commitment as you seem to have. Keep practising and trying stuff, your work is nice and getting better, I just don't think the world needs to see every image you render.

This is only my humble opinion, I welcome and encourage input, a crucible is useless without flames.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 09:38:57 PM »

@1bryan1 i notice it as well, please read our statement about flooding images,
http://www.fractalforums.com/board-rules/gallery-posting-limits-coming-very-soon!/

it is easy posting images with links to other pages, like you do, BUT the gallery here is the place to store images, just keep in mind that posting images just in threads makes them hard to find again, no gallery, no keywords, not showed below other images that are likewise, so i advice to create a personal gallery here and obey our one-image-per-day-and-person rule

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 06:18:58 AM »

Cool reminds me of a couple of girls I know wink

police but seriously, it seems that your goal is to completely fill the front page of this thread with your art work and if you look back on the first 5 pages of this thread it seems to be the case you are trending toward. Some of your work is really nice but nothing to get terribly excited about. The administrators in all of their wisdom have limited uploading images for a reason, you have found a way to somewhat circumvent this limitation and are exploiting it, this will, after a while get tiring and will get limited too, especially if one tries to monopolize it or this becomes the "1Bryan1"  gallery. If I want to see the "1Bryan1" gallery I will go to DA and find it because your art work is so good I simply must have more, but sadly this is not the case, I find that having mediocre art stuffed in my face is a huge disappointment to such a degree that I don't bother looking at your material any more...

Do a tutorial on how you get some special effect or colouring, show us something new and different, reserve your posts for those images that stand out as special or represent a new feature in the software that no one else has figured out yet.

I am not trying to discourage you, a good artist requires practice to get better, but you are pushing everyone else's work aside. I don't consider myself a great artist but I do appreciate those who have the drive and commitment as you seem to have. Keep practising and trying stuff, your work is nice and getting better, I just don't think the world needs to see every image you render.

This is only my humble opinion, I welcome and encourage input, a crucible is useless without flames.

Wow, glad you are not attempting to discourage me.
Such uplifting words all packed into a paragraph: exploiting, tiring, limited, monopolize, mediocre, disappointment.
Luckily, I have your images as a baseline to compare to, so I know where you are coming from.

1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »

@1bryan1 i notice it as well, please read our statement about flooding images,
http://www.fractalforums.com/board-rules/gallery-posting-limits-coming-very-soon!/

it is easy posting images with links to other pages, like you do, BUT the gallery here is the place to store images, just keep in mind that posting images just in threads makes them hard to find again, no gallery, no keywords, not showed below other images that are likewise, so i advice to create a personal gallery here and obey our one-image-per-day-and-person rule

I am a bit confused.

The first place I looked to post was "Gallery", then I read ...

Posting of Images and Attachments (http://www.fractalforums.com/board-rules/how-to-post-images-t3048/) lead me to believe uploading images is a bad thing "This is because FractalForums.com is a privately run site, and has only limited Web-Space Capabilities".

And I could only find what looks like upload options in the Gallery > Add Picture option ...

Where-as "Images Showcase (Rate My Fractal)" says "Post links to your images here"

So guidance please smiley

Is there a way to add images to the Gallery that links to external images?

The Gallery options make little sense to me - is there a guide? (Yes, I have searched and goggled this against this site).

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »

thank you 1bryan1 some documents are a bit outdated, the main issue we want to handle is not overspamming the images here, there is no option to upload a refered image to a gallery
here is your personal gallery:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=12717

when uploading images to this gallery you need to manually link the images you uploaded, if you dont want to use our gallery system and keep it all contained at deviantart, try to not posting more than a single image a day!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:05:31 AM »

@1Bryan1 never stop exploring  A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: