Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Help rendering a seamless/tile-able 2D fractal noise?  (Read 330 times)
IndyE
Forums Newbie

« on: November 11, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »

Hi all, sorry but I'm going to forgo the introduction thread since I'm basically new to fractals.

In short I'm looking to render a seamless/tile-able 2D high-res (3000x3000+ pixel) raster of some fractal noise for a digital camouflage project I'm doing; I remember seeing a lot of stuff like what I'm looking for done during the early 1990's but I'm unsure what software to start with and how I'd get the result I'm trying to achieve. The fractal noise(s) itself is not an end but rather a means to an end for the project; so it's important that i can export it to Photoshop/GIMP/Inkscape/etc in a lossless raster or vector format.

I'm actually wanting to render something nearly identical to this:

Image is from http://xanadu-fx.com/tiles/fractals.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks all!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:40:34 PM »

my program "mutatorkammer" has a checkbox for making any of its generated images tileable, its an abandoned project, but it can do this

if you download it, open the "options" tab and check "seamless tileable" then every generated image is seamless tileable, you can try using the breed method to find an image that suits your need,
i have just a slight idea how i did it, it just copied parts from the outer to the inner, but im afraid i can not provide you with an algorithm

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
IndyE
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »

Downloaded MutatorKammer_v0694, This looks really neat and user friendly cKleinhuis. It might take me awhile to create something I can use with it, so I'm open to more suggestions if anyone else has some.

[EDIT] Unfortunately after A day of using MutatorKammer I've concluded it's too unstable to actually use at the moment; looking forward to playing with it, but for the current task at hand it's not feasible for me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:39:04 PM by IndyE » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: