Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 02:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The well  (Read 1075 times)
Snakehand
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »

I am not 100% sure which mandelbulb I am rendering, as am still working on trying to resolve the +/- sin/cos situation, and have had some bug with swapped quaternion components as well. At any rate I came across this "well" when examining the surface of my current bulb.

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

nice find smiley if you zoom in deeper, will it become a minibrot-like shape?
Snakehand
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »

nice find smiley if you zoom in deeper, will it become a minibrot-like shape?

There "is" no bottom, the details on the walls are repeated, but progressively smaller, so you get a bottomless well from the false perspective effects.
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »

wouldn't that depend on the kind of zoom? Wether you drive into it literally or you rather change the FoV to archeive deeper zooms?
Snakehand
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »

wouldn't that depend on the kind of zoom? Wether you drive into it literally or you rather change the FoV to archeive deeper zooms?

Yes, of course it would, if the well was truly bottomless, it would "come out the other side". I think it may be an equivalent of seahorse valley, you can pan out the bottom of it, but still there is an infinite amount of "seahorses" in it.

This video capures the essence of it:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqkPjpU6bsA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vqkPjpU6bsA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: