Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 09:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Help?  (Read 2778 times)
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2015, 02:57:40 AM »

@M Benesi: correct Kn2, with #define KN_VOLUMETRIC, a script should compile in milliseconds, as low as 30 for simple scripts and up to a few seconds (on first run or major changes) for more complex stuff, even on my GeForce 8800GT (R.I.P)

@Crist-JRoger: attached is the script that will be in the Examples/Benesi folder  A Beer Cup

* BenesiPineFoldDE.frag (14.3 KB - downloaded 23 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2015, 05:33:33 AM »

3dickulus, thank you very much! Now i see that it`s geometry bug in BenesiPineFoldDE.frag, but not a godray effect  smiley

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 05:51:47 AM »

geometry bug? you mean a piece of the fractal is in the way? or is it in the math?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:15 AM »

@M Benesi: correct Kn2, with #define KN_VOLUMETRIC, a script should compile in milliseconds, as low as 30 for simple scripts and up to a few seconds (on first run or major changes) for more complex stuff, even on my GeForce 8800GT (R.I.P)
 You "theoretically" have 504 gigaflops... I have 90.2.  So the one compiled in about 27 seconds (so it would have been about 5 seconds on yours, if we're both approaching the limits, I don't OC this one...), and normally takes about 3.872.  It was probably a first run... and maybe I was doing other stuff in the background.  It was... excessive.  

Anyway, M3D is a bit quicker... unless I make the window in Fragmentarium realllly tiny.  I test formulas in Fragmentarium... then I struggle to port them to M3D, since I'm learning assembly...slowly.  

I've been working on creating a new tetrahedral transform.  See how that ends up looking.  Still haven't figured out height scaling... attempt to do that tomorrow.  Attempt being the key word.  After that, since the Pine Tree seems to be aligned with a stellated octahedron, someone has to do the hard transform...

Luca helped me with the code for the spherical transform, and I did the unspherical transform.  Definitely a nice little touch.  If you switch between coordinate systems when you're doing stuff... you can change things a bit:

I might have altered the parameter file for the above image.. but it's a start. 

* square.m3p (1.93 KB - downloaded 17 times.)

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2015, 04:14:11 AM »

It is very cool to watch this code and formula evolve, amazing work M Benesi !

btw, my current nVidia GTX760 is 2258 GFLOPS, a bargain @ $249CDN
       above I was referring to my old card that Fragmentarium + FuzzBunnies = cooked sad

Would assembler output of fragment code be helpful when migrating from frags to M3D? when you compile Fragmentarium from source you can set a #define in DisplayWidget.h that will enable "Shader Asm" entry under the "Edit" menu. This is only for nVidia cards that handle at least GLv4+. It shows the shader as GPU assembler code, I know, it's not CPU asm but it may give some insight as to the structure, flow and perhaps some of the math calculations.

F v1.0.13 may also have a few bugs re: shader compilation and log widget management, Patryk also pointed out a filename extension bug that has since been fixed. ( ty Patryk  )

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:57 AM »

Thanks!

Your card might be a teeeeenny bit faster than mine...    Don't know if my 8 year old 8600mobile can handle GLv4... "Full OpenGL® support, including OpenGL 2.1"  hahahaha....

I do have access to another computer, with I think an 840m, so I should be able to compile on that and grab the ASM.  It's worth a gander, at least for the fun of doing a build.  Good project for a bit later.  Had some math ideas today...

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »

don't grab the source code until you are ready to compile as there may be fixes or features between now and then wink and my Win box seems to be acting normal? so I may provide a win exe soon.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2015, 07:39:19 AM »

k... I am currently having a major duhh moment with some math.   So.. no rushes!  cheesy

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2015, 12:48:03 PM »

Given I don't understand how your spheric works (explanation? cheesy )
I think a tetra to sphere should be like:
p.xyz *= ((1+disttotetra)/sqrt(1+x*x+y*y+z*z))
disttotetra should be the minimum distance of four axis arranged in a tetrahedron like min(x;a*x+b*y;-a*x+b*y;...) now find the rest cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »

Given I don't understand how your spheric works (explanation? cheesy )
 Square part (not whole cube!) that "squares the circle" on the x axis (click to enbiggen):

The rest can be worked out from the inverse functions page on Wikipedia, or you can do it geometrically with the Pythagorean theorum...  

(theta= atan2(y/x) if you're doing the inverse function thing!  I can explain it further later, if you want)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:42:59 PM by M Benesi » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

You can open a new thread wink please do... it is very interesting

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »

k...  a bit later.  In what section should we put the thread??

Should the thread by titled "Explanation of transforms"...

I also have to do a sphere to conic transform today for part of the tetrahedral transform! 

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2015, 12:01:14 AM »

BenesiSpheric is a good title cool
I can move it later somewhere cool

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2015, 12:47:35 AM »

hahhaha...k.   afro

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »

Still stuck on some math Luca.. getting to the stuff you requested.  This can be a general help thread... with mods (like you... cheesy) splitting things off into appropriate sub threads as needed???

My list is:
 1) conic section for tetrahedral
 2) compress [T1, uncircle, pine tree, circle] into one formula (so it doesn't take up so many tabs)
 3) add "every nth iteration" option to that formula... maybe...
 4) explain circle/square math more
 5) clean garage (lol... should be relaxing)
 6) write out math for IQ z^2 algebraic version, and... remind me if I forget stuff.

6)  //done   Seems same as pine tree, on a different axis, and x and z components are not switched... 

Was it IQ bulb??  Tired.. have to look again tomorrow, but I think it's:
UPDATE... fix math that I thought of after I turned off computer:
Code:
sq_r := sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)
sq_xz := sqrt(x*x+z*z)
r:= sq_r ^ Power

theta  = atan2( sq_xz , y) * P
zangle = atan2(x,z)  * zAP

x := sin(zangle)*sin(theta)*r+Cx   =====    4xyz /sqrt (x^2 + z^2)        //divide by sqrt(x^2+z^2)  not multiply!
y := cos(theta)            *r+Cy   ======     y^2 - x^2 + z^2
z := sin(theta)*cos(zangle)*r+Cz   ====     2y * (x^2 - y^2)  / sqrt (y^2 + z^2)     //same here!!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 05:41:47 PM by M Benesi » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: