Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 09:06:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A few formulas (For Luca... :D)  (Read 12767 times)
Description: Who can change the name of this thread... :D
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »

I suppose a math class in which you're tricked into thinking you're creating new formulas for artists is a nice one to be in.  I'll keep working on stuff, because I'm uninformed.  wink
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:30:03 PM by M Benesi » Logged

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »

rolling on floor laughing I get the same feeling when dealing with questions/problems re:Fragmentarium

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2015, 02:13:14 AM »

Ehh.. I meant that I have the feeling I'm being taught math in an interesting way... learning by creation of art formulas.  wink

Speaking of... translated the stellation formula to M3D, from the rough frag. 

You'll need the polyhedra to sphere transform for this to work.  It's in this thread.. I think.  And it might be spelled differently...

Keep the angles low... wink   I might have left them at 2 in the formula set up.. which is way too high.  Actually...  included some skewing formulas too.  Not final release. 

* _BenesiStella.m3f (5.16 KB - downloaded 100 times.)
* _BenesiSkewXmax.m3f (0.66 KB - downloaded 110 times.)
* stella workin.m3p (1.93 KB - downloaded 114 times.)

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »

Every time I'm asked a question or presented with a problem I end up doing some research and inevitably learning something new in the process, education by proxy via "the fractal collective".

I haven't had a chance to test the frag version, this (above) is what it should look like?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »

Pretty much.

I didn't notice it blending to well with the Menger- stellating between iterations doesn't seem as nice as the plane old polyhedral transform. 

Also, the stellation formula isn't perfect- it doesn't create regular polyhedrons (other than the cube) or regular stellated polyhedrons.  I still haven't done the work to create the regular polygons and/or stellations.

Stellation does seem to fit quite well with the T1 Pine Tree, because that formula has the hexagonal symmetry, so setting sides to 6 and stellating really fits the formula well.  But that's about it, from what I've seen. 

Lots of starfish:

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2015, 06:03:23 AM »

All right Luca, I think I have the formulas temporarily organized.

Made an archive for you and Andreas to look over, make sure the names are short enough, etc.  I'll be changing a few formulas, and updating the archive later, but this is the current formula set.

I think I'll make a Stellated Polygon T1 Pine Tree with rotation, and a Stellated Polyhedron T1 Pine Tree with Rotations.. and maybe skews..  That is something I need to think about.  Might be neat.  

Starflowers, 6 petal forget me nots.... click to enbiggen a bit.

UPDATE:  changed .DEoption in the transforms so they show up under the Ads tab.  Still a work in progress.  If you used the older versions of these transforms (before this post!) and saved them to parameters, you need to manually copy the parameters between the old style formula names and the new style (with the old formulas still in your M3Formulas directory!), because your parameters files will not work with these new names (formula names are different- took my name off the front to shorten them, so that you can tell which ones you're using in the formula tab thing in M3D.  Luca is right- too long of names makes them harder to use...).

So.. attached is the correct DEoptions version.  The names should stay the same, if they have a V# after them, that means I'm planning on releasing new versions that will probably not be compatible with previous versions parameters files.  

So _BSkewXmaxV1.m3f   will become  _BSkewXmaxV2.m3f  when I change it- it will still have much of the old functionality, but it will have various other things added to it as well.

whoooppss.. ok, removing both files, and replacing with the correct one at 12:22 PM UTC-8.

* BM3Formulas.rar (16.6 KB - downloaded 103 times.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:22:23 PM by M Benesi » Logged

mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2016, 11:16:31 PM »

28 October 2015, M.Benesi wrote:

Try doing a y-z switch after T1, and see what you get for the same values above... might be interesting. 

Finally added a Zvector axis swap transform in Mandelbulber, covering the six possibilities.  So  I tested  all of the T series Mag transforms on their own (no Pinetree)  against the 6 axis swaps. T1 is the coolest,  T2 pretty good as well.

(BTW also finally added internal rotations in the T series Mag formulas)

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »

T1 y-z switched reminds me of granite.  Good work on getting all those formulas ported.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: