Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 02:58:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Way to select formula for every iteration?  (Read 2987 times)
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 04:15:47 AM »

This attached UI would allow you to run 5 instance of the Transform2, each with different parameters. Ugly. And do the same for  Tranform1    and PineTree Mbulb, and you would have a huge range of combinations possible. 

BTW I would not know if having  individual x, y,& z parameter for all the variables is necessary.  For testing purposes, I generally start with having all existing variables  available , then test keep/delete.
Testing a new transform I drop it into an existing_extended formula tab where I will have available all the common transforms groupBoxes included :- rotation, boxFold, scale, SphericalFold,  addition constants, constantMultipliers, some fabs() formulas. And then test the new transform (and its variables),  in combinations with the various existing transforms (and all their variables), e.g I dropped 3 copies of your Tranform2 into an existing long mandelbulb_extended  tab, placing them before 3 existing  MBulb transforms .  This means a lot of possibilities can be tested, which can be a good thing  angel or a bad thing   snore

Anyway I best stop and leave you guys to your  M3D work,  as we have reached the limit of my understanding.

* benesiPTTransform5.jpg (76.45 KB, 719x200 - viewed 206 times.)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 05:21:12 AM »

Not sure if I understand you right, but maybe this can help, though:

This is the main loop in doHybrid():
Code:
     repeat
        Rold := Rout;
        while bTmp <= 0 do
        begin
          Inc(n);
          if n > EndTo then n := iRepeatFrom;
          bTmp := nHybrid[n] and $7FFFFFFF;
          if bTmp > 0 then PVar := fHPVar[n];
        end;
        fHybrid[n](x, y, z, w, PIteration3D);
        Dec(bTmp);
        if nHybrid[n] < 0 then Continue else
        begin
          Inc(ItResultI);
          Rout := x * x + y * y + z * z;
          if Rout < OTrap then OTrap := Rout;
        end;
      until (ItResultI >= maxIt) or (Rout > RStop);
fHybrid is an array holding the formulas and member of the TPIteration3D structure. So my basic idea was, to call fHybrid[N](x, y, z, w, PIteration3D); from fHybrid[0](x, y, z, w, PIteration3D) where you have to calculate N inside of fHybrid[0] (which is the new formula to create).

I see.  I was going a different route.  I wanted to know where in the stack the next formula up is so that I could directly change the data in the stack.

We have this list of stack variables from the link you provided:
Code:
    J4:         Double;     //-56   4d extension         FastMove(dJUx, It3Dex.J1, 168);
    Rold:       Double;     //-48   used by m3d, equals Rout
    RStopD:     Double;     //-40   used by m3d for sse2, not always a valid value in here, in IFS: absDEstop
    x:          Double;     //-32   vector to iterate   -120 in dIFS esi
    y:          Double;     //-24
    z:          Double;     //-16
    w:          Double;     //-8
    C1, C2, C3: Double;     //0     input start values before 4d rotation, C4 is 0.  Do Not Change!
    J1, J2, J3: Double;     //+24   julia start values or the pixelpos, these are the constants to add
    PVar:       Pointer;    //+48   pointer to the user input values (decreasing offset, -8 is always val 0.5) + constants (incr. offset, 0 and above)
    SmoothItD:  Single;     //+52
    Rout:       Double;     //+56   the square of the current vector length, calced in m3d, in dIFS: rel DEout
    ItResultI:  Integer;    //+64   integer iteration count, increased by loop function in m3d
    maxIt:      Integer;    //+68
    RStop:      Single;     //+72   for dIFS: bool for insiderendering -> DEcomb with usual bulb needs RStop!!

So if I wanted the x_pixel value, I'd go for ESI+18h  (ESI+24d).

DC46 18          FADD QWORD PTR DS:[ESI+18]

I was thinking that maybe there was a place to FSTP the formula number to ....

DD5D F8          FSTP QWORD PTR SS:[EBP-8]

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 05:40:08 AM »

OMFG!@$!$@

I is so dumb.  I just need more formula tabs.  cheesy    anyways...  sorry.  I got it to work.   embarrass embarrass embarrass

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »

I cannot understand that black magic wink but there are some iter modifiers like lyapunov and another (no longer remember the name!  huh? ) that should do the job already.
I made those modifiers one after another so order files for date and you should find!

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: