Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 06:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Best approach for external data stream integration  (Read 6087 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »

I don't know what do you mean by "joint informations", because I don't have a Kinect device, but I'll see what I can do with Kinect libraries.

kinect driver not only delivers the depth image stream and color image stream, but also concrete scanned humans body joints, e.g. the hand position in form of a 3d coordinate, all body joints are included and up to 3 players can be scanned with one kinectv2 device cheesy

i think either as large input matrix or as input texture these joint informations can be passed through to a shader, a utility method with enumerated body joins which returnbs the vec3 position of that joint could be helpful as well wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Han Maokun
Forums Newbie

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 01:36:14 PM »

I see, how about the joint informations ? Perhaps encode joint positions i to a bitmap?

Libfreenect doesn't support skeleton tracking, according to 'http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19181332/libfreenect-vs-openni', seems OpenNI library has an advantage on this.
I use libfreenect originally in my implementation since I was on a project depends on OpenFrameworks, in which libfreenect is used to interact with Kinect device.
I don't have experience on OpenNI, next I am gonna have a test with Kinect model 1473, and see if it works. Looks to me OpenNI is more promising, I hope it also supports the coming next-gen Intel Realsense devices.
Han Maokun
Forums Newbie

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 01:42:06 PM »

kinect driver not only delivers the depth image stream and color image stream, but also concrete scanned humans body joints, e.g. the hand position in form of a 3d coordinate, all body joints are included and up to 3 players can be scanned with one kinectv2 device cheesy

i think either as large input matrix or as input texture these joint informations can be passed through to a shader, a utility method with enumerated body joins which returnbs the vec3 position of that joint could be helpful as well wink

Currently in my implementation for Kinect device support, the depthmap data is stored in R channel of a texture, I don't know the exact data format of the joints information, hope they can fit in the left 'G' 'B' 'A' channel of the same  texture.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »

the joint data would could fit into there, but it is far too short a full teture wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: