Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb spin and properly looping video?  (Read 9721 times)
Description: I can't get it to loop smoothly
twinbee
Fractal Fertilizer

« on: December 19, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »

Inspired by Paul Nylander's early video which has the Mandelbulb turning 'inside out', I rendered this, which does that and also spins as well (5 meg):

http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/new/spin.avi

It runs at 60fps, but if your PC isn't fast enough, you can slow it down (Media player classic can slow down video).

Problem is, when I loop the video, there's a moment's 'pause' at the start of each loop. I use Media Player Classic to play it.

I've also tried Windows Media Player (which doesn't loop at all, never mind badly), and Irfanview, again without success.

Any video players out there that loop seamlessly without a stutter each time? Even the Amiga never had this problem.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:23:27 PM by twinbee » Logged
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

VLC also does lag a bit...
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »

Inspired by Paul Nylander's early video which has the Mandelbulb turning 'inside out', I rendered this, which does that and also spins as well (5 meg):

http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/new/spin.avi

It runs at 60fps, but if your PC isn't fast enough, you can slow it down (Media player classic can slow down video).

Problem is, when I loop the video, there's a moment's 'pause' at the start of each loop. I use Media Player Classic to play it.

I've also tried Windows Media Player (which doesn't loop at all, never mind badly), and Irfanview, again without success.

Any video players out there that loop seamlessly without a stutter each time? Even the Amiga never had this problem.

Loops OK in my Windows Media Player with just a very slight stutter.

If you have enough RAM for a given AVI then use Adobe's Animation Shop (used to come free with Photoshop).
Or use VirtualDub - I think that will loop if you tell it to, but I'm not sure.
Best of all convert to ".mov" and tell QT to loop it - should be perfect then smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure Windows Media Player loops anything if told to do so but actually ignores any looping information from the files.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: