Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 11:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: julius horsthuis interviw  (Read 1278 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: October 07, 2015, 08:41:50 PM »

Bib posted this on fb
http://thecgbros.com/interview-julius-horsthuis/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Fitz
Explorer

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »

Interesting interview. I've thought for a while now that Julius is kind of in his own league as far as fractal animations are concerned, probably because nobody else really has the same crossover of both understanding M3D relatively well and also having a strong background in special effects. I still have an animation that I've never uploaded anywhere because even though I rendered a zbuffer layer in addition to the regular animation slides, I still haven't really figured out how to properly apply the depth of field effect in After Effects like he does in his first Youtube instructional video. Hopefully I can figure it out at some point, though all the more advanced stuff he does in the second video like motion tracking is probably way beyond anything I'm likely to understand.

Wonder how big his rendering farm is. It must be nice to be able to do these things in a reasonable amount of time instead of having to wait months for the thousands of slides to finish.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:02:51 PM »

indeed, he is a professional that got sucked in to the fractal world as we all wink i wonder if he uses a self modified mb3d version to support his creations, it is very nice to see that many many people (markjaybee, bib, taurus, kraftwerk, louismarkoya ... and many more that i dont recall yet ) actually get recognized for what they do - explore fractals - fractals have still a hard stand to establish against "classic" art forms, they should be teached for various reasons at various places, as tools for visual artists, as concept for understanding the world, or just as examples of how computers can create natural shapes... just my five cents ... did i mention that i plan to open up a museum/cafe style concept similar to the "hardrock cafe" ... cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: