Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apophysis roadmap  (Read 5713 times)
cyseal
Explorer

« on: September 28, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »

Latest version of Apo7x doesn't support scripts.
Could some programmers add this functionality and a animation feature like in Chaotica?
I believe only Xyrus is working on Apo.
Last version of Apo has slow UI when you add multiple transforms. Apo 7x15D, 2.083D and Chaotica have much faster UI.
Could someone work on theese key points: scripts,animation and and UI for next version of Apo?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:21:12 PM by cyseal » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »

Sounds like what you want is JWildfire.

Chaotica takes a different road in many ways (doesn't do the fake 3D stuff, ...), and is not free as you know. And if you think Chaotica is good, wait until you see Chaotica 2 wink

cyseal
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:24:10 AM »

So, Chatotica is in development ?
What about Apo ? Will there be some news when will new Apo arrive and what features will have ?

What is the difference in the renderer of Apo 7x15D,2.08 3D, Chaotica  vs.  Apo 7x16 ?
Why is so slowed UI when using more transforms?

As I'm reading Jwildfire is build on Java and Apo on Delphi. Is there any other tools to make it? For example implement it in Blender if possible.
Thx
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »

So, Chatotica is in development ?
Yep, super intense development smiley

What about Apo ? Will there be some news when will new Apo arrive and what features will have ?
For about 2-3 years now there have been rumours of Apo3 from Utak3r, some new project by Zueuk, and I think Xyrus still maintains some work on Apo 7x.

What is the difference in the renderer of Apo 7x15D,2.08 3D, Chaotica  vs.  Apo 7x16 ?

Chaotica renderer is written from scratch with emphasis on image quality, in super optimised C++ (and will be available for all GPUs via OpenCL).

Why is so slowed UI when using more transforms?
Do you mean Apophysis? It shouldn't get slower, but I'm not really familiar with the code (esp the editor stuff), so no idea sorry.

As I'm reading Jwildfire is build on Java and Apo on Delphi. Is there any other tools to make it? For example implement it in Blender if possible.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean with "other tools to make it" - make what specifically?

cyseal
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 03:01:38 PM »

Yep, super intense development smiley
For about 2-3 years now there have been rumours of Apo3 from Utak3r, some new project by Zueuk, and I think Xyrus still maintains some work on Apo 7x.
Looking forward to it.
Utak3r, Zueuk, could you tell us about your projects ?
Do you mean Apophysis? It shouldn't get slower, but I'm not really familiar with the code (esp the editor stuff), so no idea sorry.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean with "other tools to make it" - make what specifically?
Apo 7x16 is slower than Apo 7x15D,2.08 3D,Chaotica. In rendering speed and in UI speed when changing parameters of many transformations.

I meant the tools needed to wrap up Scott Draves's flame3 into a working renderer application.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:41:23 PM by cyseal » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »

Utak3r and Zueuk are on deviantArt, and I would say no longer active (very unfortunate).

http://utak3r.deviantart.com
http://zueuk.deviantart.com

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

Hello Thomas smiley Zueuk still commented (recently) on Da - but yes the Apo project is no longer developed by those guys.
I would say at this time Apo is hardly recognizable from the original Draves idea...

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »

Yep, modern Apophysis / IFS fractals are in my opinion mostly the work of Zueuk / Peter Sdobnov, who pushed the limits really hard in the early 2000s. I chat with him sometimes, awesome guy!

Draves on the other hand did very little work after the basic Flam3 algorithm (Eric Reckase having done most of the actual dev work and image quality improvements), and I agree that modern Apo rendering is quite far from the basic flam3 model.

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »

As I'm reading Jwildfire is build on Java
This is true, and you can enhance it easily by writing Java-programms/scripts by yourself which a re compiled instantly (i.e., you don't need a development platform).
It has a decent render-speed, but the primary design-goal was never speed, but stability, and to have a code-base which gives the freedom to implement/enhance anything in little time, and to work on many systems as possible. For this, Java has proven to be an excellent platform.
cyseal
Explorer

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »

Do you know when will xyrus release next version?
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »

I'm not aware of any plans; you can check his deviantArt page and twitter maybe?

utak3r
Alien

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

Draves on the other hand did very little work after the basic Flam3 algorithm (Eric Reckase having done most of the actual dev work and image quality improvements)

Not to mention he was after that screwed by Scott. Old times...

Anyway, from time to time, when I have a good will  grin  and some time  roll eyes  I'm still continuing developing a completely new Apo, very different in fact from what it was as 2.x. It will be a quite generic software, with its main architecture based on plugins. Plugins meant for just about anything, including whole types of fractals, GUIs for editors etc. As of today, it can be used both for flames, escape time fractals etc. Of course, all in layers. Works on Windows and Linux, written in C++ and Qt5.

But, as I said, I'm really short on time, and even if I have some of it, not always I give it to Apo... it's a slooow process. Maybe because I'm not getting younger  cheesy
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »

Perhaps we can meet sometime if you're interested, chat about old times and future smiley I'm in Wroclaw these days, maybe if you're in the area...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: