Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Save as Jpeg  (Read 1153 times)
Description: Does it have to start recalculating the fractal after saving as Jpeg?
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:39:19 PM »

Hi

When I have found an interesting location, I sometimes only "Save as Jpeg" at the existing image size, but if I change this size on the dialog box that appears, after the image has been saved Kalles Fraktaler starts recalculating the image straight away.

There appears to be no reason to recalculate the image at the new size (it's after all just been calculated anyway), unless it was attempting to go back to the previous resolution, e.g.:

I use 960x540 for general rendering.  When I "Save as Jpeg" to 7680, the program calculates away, until I eventually get the save dialog.  After saving, the window blanks and the location starts calculating again.  If I use CTRL-Z to see the size, it's at the new size, which I then change back to 960, which is fine, but why does it start recalculating as soon as you've finished saving the image?

Is that a bug, or should it be recalculating back at my original size (in this case 960) which would save me having to remember to change it back to 960 myself?

I've just checked and I'm currently on 2.8.1 (in case you've already changed this behaviour).

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:56:22 AM »

Thanks Simon.

Yes, if you save the jpeg with bigger size, it is recalculated.
If you save it in smaller size, it is not recalculated and you will then get anti-alias effect.

But it is not the intention to recalculate twice.

I usually change the background image size (Control+Z) before I save the jpeg, and I almost always use a smaller size of the jpeg, to get it anti-aliased.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: