END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Help with Mandelbulber 2.04  (Read 1070 times)
Natan Sharp
Forums Freshman

« on: July 30, 2015, 09:35:07 AM »

I ever used fractal programs since when i was a child  and i was using an Amiga 500 to make mandelbrot pictures.
Now i'm learning Xenodream (that i find fantastic) but i like also Ultrafractal and Vision of Chaos.
Anyway i was looking for others 3d fractals generators and i found Mandelbulber that seams to be very powerfull.
I installed the latest version 2.04 fron the official site but i found a problem...maybe i'm totally stupid but...i'm not able to find the Render and Stop buttons! In the program window there are many windows to configure the kind of fractal, options, the rendering engine and the main window where will be rendered the imagine but i don't find that buttons that are well indicated in the tutorials and user manual.
I looked everywhere! sad cry
youhn
Fractal Molossus

Shapes only exists in our heads.

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »

Look for the upper part of the "navigation" pane/window. Top-left = RENDER. Top-right = STOP.

I think the user manual is still based on the old version, so you are rightfully confusion by the manual! Just take your time clicking through all windows, panes, buttons and sliders.
Natan Sharp
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »

Damn! This program has a terrible interface! I found the problem...when i open it i have to enlarge completely the main window clicking on the windows button to enlarge windows on full monitor size or the navigation panel disappear.
The main windows is already at full monitor size when i launch the program but i have to click anyway on the button to enlarge to completely view all the program windows.
The interface should be designed better.

Anyway now i can have some fun with this program!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »

there is already a huge leap regarding user interface of mandelbulber, it sounds like you could use a gigantig monitor, at least featuring a full hd resolution smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Natan Sharp
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 09:41:30 AM »

I'm using a 19 inchs monitor at 1280x1024 res.
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 11:35:59 PM »

there is already a huge leap regarding user interface of mandelbulber, it sounds like you could use a gigantig monitor, at least featuring a full hd resolution smiley

A huge leap? I'm not that convinced. I only had a few minor sessions with v2 and it only worked well on two monitors, with most of the "dock on" windows docked off and moved to the second screen. In the default setup the docked windows are way too small, even on a 1920x1200 Monitor so you have to scroll vertically AND horizontally. That's not a leap!

hehe this is my 1 kilo Post!  grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Natan Sharp
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »

I fully agree. In my opinion the program could be improved a lot with a simple traditional window layout like in 3d studio max for example.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 07:00:17 AM »

I have recently been using V2, and when your eyesight is failing and have to set font size to 12 or 14 there is even less screen space and more scrolling to do, and with more features being added to the tabs it may get worse.

However in balance I would rather have more features and put up with the extra scrolling ( I have one tab that is 4 pages deep to scroll down.)

I am sure that any suggestions of layout improvements would be considered by Buddhi. Sometimes it needs someone new to a program to see opportunities for improvements that long term users might miss.
zebastian
Conqueror

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

the program should always show RENDER and STOP Button, even if I resize the window to 200x100 or something like that.
If you messed up the GUI by dragging elements around you can always reset to default view under Menu > View > Default docks positions
There you will also find some more view elements which are not shown by default. Mandelbulber got enough settings / data to fill 2 HD Monitors  afro
I think the GUI of Qt with highly adjustable GUI widgets is more a nice feature than a problem, but it can take some time to get used to it.

IMHO GUI management is a challenge of all programs with a huge set of parameters. Blender for example.
Nevertheless, if you have concrete ideas for improvement, we would be glad to adopt.
JohnVV
Conqueror

having fun

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 04:26:26 AM »

I fully agree. In my opinion the program could be improved a lot with a simple traditional window layout like in 3d studio max for example.
as a VERY long time user of Blender
and a long time user of the version #1 of mandelbulber

the new GUI is -- just different

the GIT check-out  i just built

the GUI is rather orderly
and see the two slider marks ( the 6 vertical dots on the left and right tool window)
those are handles and you can well slide them
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 05:08:31 AM by JohnVV » Logged

Running OpenSUSE 42.1-64bit & ScientificLinux-6.7-64bit
I don't pitch Linux to my friends,I let Microsoft do it for me!"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: