Logo by Timeroot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:38:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Patryk Kizny Raytracer Updates  (Read 13244 times)
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 12:17:14 AM »

Must be something about my card then? It certainly looks transparent.

* sep25-2.jpg (150.47 KB, 1480x1012 - viewed 378 times.)
* sep25-2.jpg Files.zip (30.85 KB - downloaded 165 times.)
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 05:35:06 AM »

the presets --View 05 Top, 06 Bottom and From Center cause my GPU to lockup  angry sorry no debug info, it requires a reboot.
but the rest seems to work...

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »

That's weird cause these are only camera view settings.

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 08:27:16 AM »

Ellarien - the effect you show could be 2 things - either matte mode on the object or fog with background. When old school fog is used it blends with background. Another option is a flat bg map used as an ibl map. You should be using equirectangular maps for these.

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »

Using DE-Raytracer.frag when I apply the settings...
Code:
FOV = 1.35
Eye = 0,0,3
Target = 0,0,-3
Up = 0,1,0
the screen goes blank, zooming out past 0,0,6.28 and the bulb is visible again, this is 2xPi radius on any 0,0 axis, a bug I noticed some time ago,
in your DE-PK-1.1.6.frag this bug causes a GPU lock up! not just a blank screen, it's a divide by 0 bug afaik this is inherent to DE code using float math.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »

Ellarien - the effect you show could be 2 things - either matte mode on the object or fog with background. When old school fog is used it blends with background. Another option is a flat bg map used as an ibl map. You should be using equirectangular maps for these.

I don't think I'm using any of those. What seems to make the difference is turning reflections on and off. So maybe a bug in the way reflections work with the background?
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 04:21:13 AM »

Under the "Render" menu,
select "Output preprocessed script",
this will open a new tab with the complete script as it is when executed.

if you have editor line numbers turned on in preferences (v1.0.12) you will easily be able to find the right line for any error wink
or you can save the preprocessed script and use your favourite editor to look at it while editing the fragment in Fragmentarium cheesy

@Ellarien: attached is a version of ratracer frag with PKs mods that compiles with NO warnings, this may or may not behave the same as PKs original due to the funky int vs float stuff, there may have been precision or rounding that will be different.

@Patryk Kizny: test this out and let me know if the exr depth buffer save works wink I haven't had much time to study what you've done but it shouldn't be too hard to make it work with EXR multipart file format. edit: it's in the "Post" tab.

* DE-PK-116-renre.zip (30.08 KB - downloaded 181 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »

@Ellarien: attached is a version of ratracer frag with PKs mods that compiles with NO warnings, this may or may not behave the same as PKs original due to the funky int vs float stuff, there may have been precision or rounding that will be different.

Thanks, I tried that, but it doesn't make any difference to the transparency issue.
Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »

@Patryk Kizny, i spend some time playing with parameters in de-pk-116. And i found "bug" when lightsourse(spotlight) too long from scene. In original kn2 there is no bud here. Can you fix it?

* de-pk-bug.jpg (46.89 KB, 776x400 - viewed 360 times.)
* refl-bug1.frag (5.48 KB - downloaded 408 times.)

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 11:41:34 PM »

Thanks for feedback, I noticed similar things, but I am not fully sure what it is caused by.
However, there are some workarounds/tweaks - Try playing with NormalBackstep, FudgeFactor and Dither, in most cases it allows to minimize the negative effect.

Crist-JRoger
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 06:50:35 AM »

Thank you! But I still use knighty`s script smiley
I tried to get your material features, so my "copy-paste" method don't works )

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »

Here's the latest update.
A few minor tweaks, so not a major update now.
I included 'implicit cast' warning cleanups from Dick and there are a few tweaks to Dirt effect and IBL.

Note to users less familiar with coding - make sure to open DE-PK-1.1.8.frag (or check info messages in the log window).
This gives you information on how to enable certain functionalities. You do it be adding lines:

#define SOMETHING
before #include "DE-PK-1.1.8.frag"

Have fun and let me know about any bugs.

* DE-PK-118.rar (28.48 KB - downloaded 163 times.)

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 08:39:12 PM »

name's not "Dick"  lips are sealed now I know how Benesi feels  roll eyes

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 09:00:50 PM »

Is "Dick Ulus" better? Or I should use '3dickulus"?

Anyways, there's still a few bugs with IBL - still not totally happy with it.
Next step would be probably adding a bit of GI.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:09:12 PM by Patryk Kizny » Logged

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »

here on FF I would prefer 3dickulus as that's my username,
when you come for dinner you can call me by my real name which is not "Dick Ulus"
this name stems from the term "the ridiculous in 3D" because that's what I was always attempting on my Amiga in the mid to late 80's wink

no worries though, I'm often referred to as "hey you" with the same results cheesy

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: