Logo by jwm-art - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Polysign presence on fractalforums.com  (Read 778 times)
Description: Hello
TimGolden
Forums Freshman

« on: December 15, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

I'm not much into all of the faces blinking at me above here in my editor.
Is it possible to hide these? I will try some of these features to see what they do.
I'm just used to usenet discussions, but as many here probably know that space is pretty tough going.
Well, here we are posting data to an individual's site and so are subject to the possibility of that individual censoring us.
That is the benefit of usenet. It is a distributed media. Still, I am happy to spend some time here and see what happens.

I've been invited here by Kujonai and also Tommy1729(a usenet name). I've done some simple fractals but never very refined. I do take interest and have some skill with higher dimensions, particularly polysign mathematics
    http://bandtechnology.com/polysigned
I have done some high dimensional slices of the Mandelbrot function in polysign which I'll try to embed here in the animated form to see if it works:

If that isn't good for your browser then here is a link to the page:
   http://bandtechnology.com/PolySigned/Mandelbrot/MandelbrotStudy.html
These are exremely simple projections only meant as proof of concept and there is much work remaining to be done. I am happy to receive criticism of polysign and I know that it frustrates many. At its core is the true principle of generalization of sign, and upon accepting this principle then the simplex coordinate systems become geometrically natural. The real number is the two signed number and so its usage within a generalized sign system is in conflict. It is instead one of the members of the polysign family, whose fundamental representation is
    s x
where s is sign and x is an unsigned magnitude. Thus we see that these numbers are a data structure with a discrete component and a continuous component.

- Tim
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »

I'm not much into all of the faces blinking at me above here in my editor.
    Is it possible to hide these?  I will try some of these features to see
    what they do.  I'm just used to usenet discussions....

Greetings, and a belated Welcome to this particular Forum !!!      cheesy

Yes, the Newsgroups are quite a bit different than a web-based forum.  And so many ISPs are dropping UseNet from their offered features/options.  After many years, I believe Newsgroups are slowly dying out.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:05:28 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: