Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 10:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 427 times)
Starmute
Navigator

« on: July 11, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Starmute (though that's already abundantly clear!) I'm fifteen years old, perhaps one of the youngest members of this forum, and I've known fractals for, well, 85 percent of my life. When I was very young - two, three years old, my father showed me videos of the Mandelbrot set and Julia sets. I was captivated by the Mandelbrot set, and to a slightly lesser degree by Julia sets ("Daddy, why is this always the same?"). It seems that the love of fractals is inherited - before I was born my father spent many dozens of hours examining various places in the Mandelbrot set, and in fact he has an entire bookshelf of books about fractals. I read several of those books many times when I was younger, eventually turning to a computer to create my own images. A few years ago I discovered the Mandelbox and Mandelbulb, but my interest in them wore off. In June I rediscovered 3d fractals, and immediately decided that I had to make some images and videos of my own. So I did (using Mandelbulber), and posted the videos on my YouTube channel, where they were promptly and vigorously ignored by my audience, which is mostly there for video games.  whistling and rolling eyes

I'll see you all around!

Cheers,
Starmute
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums,
that is a nice surrounding you are coming from, i learned about mandelbrot at the age of 12 and had to wait like hours for a single mandelbrot image to render, now we live in this fantastic supercomputer world and they still get faster cheesy

since i have a little youtube channel you can peak into it as well, covering various forums topics, art and news
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=95

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 12:40:26 AM »

and posted the videos on my YouTube channel, where they were promptly and vigorously ignored by my audience, which is mostly there for video games.  whistling and rolling eyes
I'll see you all around!
Haha, I feel quite related to that smiley Nice introduction!
welcome!

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: