Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 12:54:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hybrid Kaleidoscopic IFS fractals  (Read 4196 times)
dom767
Explorer

dom767
« on: July 07, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »

Hi all,

I've been retreading some old ground in the last month or so experimenting with hybrid KIFS fractals. I've started with 3 basic KIFS type fractals, the menger cube, the cubic fold, and the tetrahedron fold. I then rendered all 3-digit hybrids.

i.e. M=menger, C=cube, T=tetra. TTT = full tetrahedron KIFS, TTC = tetra, tetra, cube, etc. etc.

These are the results.

Probably my favourite surprise of the lot was CTT.

I've written up a full article on this, and implemented the basic requirements in Wooscripter so that you can generate these fractals in the non-realtime raytracer.

http://woo4.me/wooscripter/hybrid-kifs-fractals/

Next up I'm going to start playing with rotation variant versions of these hybrids, so hopefully some more images will appear on my twitter feed @dom767 in the next few weeks! I've also started mixing in the odd mandelbox style fold to see what happens, looking good so far!

Hopefully someone finds this useful, I know I'm 5 years too late! smiley
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

super nice, documenting the effects of hybridisation is always nice! thank you for the description!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: