Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 12:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Voting on the competition, or so I thought :-)  (Read 1412 times)
Description: I think maybe this should go in Fractal Humour too.
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: June 29, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »

There I was, voting on the Wildstyle section of the competition.

Thought that, with only two days to go before the voting period ends, I better get my skates on and finish voting.

So, I spent most of yesterday evening voting on images.  At some point, I start to feel this is taking far too long and surely I haven't got many images to go, then when I look I'm not even in the Wildstyle category any more.  Without realising it, I'd ended up in the Linked to Boards | 3D gallery.

I don't even know how I got there.  Maybe there was a link from one of the competition entries to the other board.  Either way, I ended up voting on quite a few of the 3D gallery pictures instead of Wildstyle ones.  To say I was a little bit p'd off, and a bit embarrassed is an understatement.

That'll teach me to watch what I'm doing I guess.  It has put me off voting for the rest of that category now, as I feel my voting ability has dried up.

Still, I'll get back into it this evening hopefully and get at least one section fully voted on.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »

sure its a huge amount to vote on, and hmm, we can not really track how you ended there, perhaps you clicked on an image BELOW the actual image, which links to images with similar keywords, but you should have used the upper images list above the image, which displays the previous and next image in that particular category

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:40:38 PM »

I wasn't complaining, though.  I just thought I'd mention it to see if it helps anyone else, and to inject a bit more humor into the forum.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:36:40 PM »

LOL  Well Simon, you sure made me laugh out loud!  I can so imagine this to happen.  Filled with the feeling of responsibility to do everything 'the right way'  ending up in a complete other path of the gallery's  Thinking it will never end smiley    Probably you made a lot of people happy to vote for them anyway  cheesy
I wish you good luck with the rest of them, did you vote the video's yet?
I did it twice, one evening with some cool liquids  watching it on the TV screen with a notebook no less wink  to make notes (as you can expect) for a preliminary vote, and the second time on my pc with my notebook for the final vote.  Very difficult I must say, your mouth is still open of amazement and you don't think it can get any better just to be amazed again. Therefore it was not a 'burden'  but a pleasure to vote for all those magnificent  entry's.

Have a good evening everybody, especially you Simon  smiley   A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
Well I'm gonna take a ice cold beer myself and partner (with friends, for that will take 5 minutes down here, it is like they smell it wink 
it is hot in the Netherlands.  (last week about 12 Celsius and now about 35 degrees..  pfffff)
Cheers! A Beer Cup

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:08 PM »

lol that is the right attitude caleidoscope, just few hours left, go go go !

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: