Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 02:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Peyote coincidence  (Read 965 times)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« on: June 25, 2015, 07:38:36 AM »

It is not a coincidence that the first working variety of a 3d extension of the z^2 Mandelbrot formula has lots of Peyote structures on it.

Mescaline, the active constituent of Peyote, is well known for the fractal/geometric patterns it induces.  That the shape of a flowering Peyote cactus is a repeated form in the first working version of a 3d z^2 Mandelbrot set is telling, in more ways than one.

This cactus induces geometric and fractal visions, and is the shape of something that occurs in a fractal.  I believe the math behind the fractal could indicate that an intelligent agent created Peyote's form and its vision inducing compound.  The chance of something evolving to both contain a compound that causes fractal visions, and look like something that occurs repeatedly in one of the most basic 3d rotation based fractal formulas seems a bit slim. 

In other words, the Peyote cacti's structure was purposefully combined with the active compound to indicate conscious intent.

Here is the cactus.. I mean fractal:

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »

I believe the family of chemicals, ciiw, indole nucleus hallucinogenic alkaloids, are programs that run on our wet-ware wink nice pic btw.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Chillheimer
Global Moderator
Fractal Schemer

Just another fractal being floating by..

chilli.chillheimer chillheimer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:54:03 PM »

In other words, the Peyote cacti's structure was purposefully combined with the active compound to indicate conscious intent.
Castaneda and Don Juan approve that comment.. wink

--- Fractals - add some Chaos to your life and put the world in order. ---
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »

No.   roll eyes

hurt

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 01:33:33 AM »

Ohh noes!@  Castaneda comment.   shocked 

Thanks 3dickulus!

Blob's comment seems to be the most in line with the current zeitgeist of metaphysical naturalism.  Wouldn't want to ride that slippery slope towards the possible existence of non-human intelligence at the molecular (or smaller) scale.  Or would we?  cheesy

CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »

What is your take on Salvia Divinorum then? I like your thinking smiley
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »

Definitely an interesting plant, but I'm not very familiar with it.  I don't see as much of a connection between it and mathematics, although I do not discount Salvia because I do not see the same level of connection that Peyote has.

I like the idea that another had discovered the 3d extension of the M/Julia sets, then deliberately included the highest amount of a fractal vision inducing compound (that also has the unique effect of geometricization of 3d objects) in a life form (Peyote) that resembles something that will be found by beings who pursue fractal mathematics (extending M/J sets to 3d).

There are a few fractal vision inducing psychoactive compounds in nature.  All plants have fractal and mathematical characteristics.  The fact that a plant looks like a 3d extension of certain fractal formulas, and includes a compound that results in the geometricization of 3d objects (so that they look more cubist... or geometric) that could probably make the plant, or groupings of the plant look similar to parts of the above object...

It's like an Easter egg... which this object has in it if you add in one little bit of code:

CantDoMaths
Forums Freshman

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »

Well, Salvia got me into fractals. Now I understand what I saw when doing it. You, and everything else, become this, I suppose. I saw a friend of mine become structured in scale like shapes. The environment was constantly morphing, everything was morphing. My body included. Try breathing if you think you don't have a throat. Or a head for that matter. It has something to do with what is called Salvia gravity. Look it up:) Its hard to describe exactly what you see. Patterns, shaping and shifting, like flying through a 3d fractal, things fold and unfold. It reminded me of being inside an enormous amazing box like machine. But alternating between mechanic and organic. And everything felt very alien. This is part of a poem I wrote about the experience. Its hard to put to words and do it justice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I am reminded again
Of Sally D
And what she showed me
And how she made me feel
That unfathomable feeling

Waking up somewhere alien
Where the haunting is real
And you can’t get away
How it is so damn familiar
As it tugs at your reality
Playfully, foreboding,
Holy and devilish
I’m in her territory
And she swallows me
She owns me

Driven to the flight response
I took flight but the ground swallowed me
And I mean this quite literally
As I felt my body melt
To be as one with the floor
The carpet, the door, the air,
And over my shoulder
A thousand times me
Creeping up my face
To the skin, it braids itself in

I am pulling at it
But it is no use
Stuck in illusion
That feels a reality
A fifteen minute trip
to glimpse the otherworldly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're into that sort of stuff I'd suggest to give it a try. Its legal almost anywhere so smiley

Sometimes I think these worlds are all connected/part of the same world. Salvia, Peyote, Ayahuasca and even dreams. All different portals to the same world. Its an interesting thing to think about.
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 06:15:06 AM »

I might someday.  I've never tried Peyote, and I think it may be on my list of things to try because of the coincidence.  I'm patient at this point in my life, and will wait for the right time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: