Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 11:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 372 times)
FoxdenVixen
Forums Newbie

« on: June 17, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »

I have been "playing around" with Apophysis for a few years now. I started with an older version of the program - can't remember which one. I found Apohysis 7x and never used the older version again. I had lots of fun doing several tutorials that I found on deviantart.com and made some cool stuff with tweaking the tutorials. However, I haven't touched the program in quite a while but the other day someone I know mentioned fractals and it got me started again. I was looking for new tutorials on deviantart when I happened upon someone's artwork that was simply incredible. It was http://tahyon.deviantart.com/art/Mayan-Pendant-revised-342817629 from Tahyon. I saw that he used Mandelbulb 3D so I did some searching and found this site. I downloaded the program but it is going to take me some time to figure it all out. I do know where the tutorials are on this site and plan on going through them slowly as I learn to make some beautiful 3D fractals.
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:23:38 PM »

Welcome FoxdenVixen,  we are glad you joined us!  Looking forward to see your work! 
And if you want to learn something?  there is no better place for there is always someone who is willing to help.  That makes this such a great Fractal-meeting-place! 
Enjoy yourself!   smiley

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums,

regarding your apophysis background, you might feel at home with jwildfire(free) or chaotica(demo version) who both feature very cool additional transformations, and features, like animations, text/image transformations, genetic exploration these use the same approach as apophysis (so called flame fractals -> nonlinlinear transforms)

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
FoxdenVixen
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

I will give Chaotica a try. Looks fun! I am a web designer by trade so love making beautiful things on computers!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: