Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New.  (Read 506 times)
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« on: June 12, 2015, 03:46:32 PM »

Hello,

I am looking to further my understanding of the software.
Not much more to be said other than that.
Instead of jumping right in to "HELP ME, HELP ME!"
Figured I'd say hello.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »

Hello,

I am looking to further my understanding of the software.
Not much more to be said other than that. ..

Actually, you need to say a bit more than that!

"the software" could be anything from one of the many hundreds of fractal generators out there, to image editing software to enhance rendered fractals, to video editors for compiling animations, to even the smf software powering this forum! 

Which software did you mean? 

...Figured I'd say hello.

Hello   wink

Welcome to the forums   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 02:18:57 PM »

Sorry, I thought this was associated with Mandelbulb 3d. Forgive my ignorance.
I am looking to improve my understanding of THIS software.
Thanks for the enlightenment.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 03:08:01 PM »

Sorry, I thought this was associated with Mandelbulb 3d. Forgive my ignorance.
I am looking to improve my understanding of THIS software.
Thanks for the enlightenment.

While we are quite proud to have a very strong MB3D following here, and proud that it's creator, Jesse, is a member here (though now inactive), and equally proud that thargor6 is both continuing it's development and an active member here, it would be remiss to assume that every ambiguous statement about fractal software revolves around that one program!

We also have the creators of Mandelbulber, Incendia. Xenodream, Kalles Fractaller, MandelMachine, The Fractal Science Kit, Jwildfire, Chaotica, And far too many more to list them all  (we even have the creator of Mutatorkammer here  (  tease )

Sorry if I sounded brusque - that was never my intent!

To learn MB3D there are many tutorials available ranging from the very basics to voxel stack export  to the most recent leap forward of Heightmap Injection!

Is there something specific you want to learn about?  If so, or even if not, our Tutorials section is a great start and can be found here : http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/

Also, use our search feature for keywords related to other things you may want to know more about.

Youtube has a lot of video tutorials, try searching there too.

But the very  best way to learn is to play around and ask questions as you go!

The best place to ask questions and browse for other people's posts and questions / answers is here : http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?board=168.0  Feel free to ask anything you want to know.  We have many helpful people here who can help get you where you want to be with "this" magnificent software   evil

If you want to explore other fractal generating software, look here: http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-programs/

Happy Fractalling  afro Hope that helps!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »

Don't worry about being disrespectful. This is more than enough information. Learning new shit daily.
Figured I'd join up to ask for specifics. I look for details online, but I do not get the answers I am looking for.
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

And so the questioning begins. Remember that I am new to this part of reality.
What software would you recommend out of the ones you mentioned to be the best in your opinion?
I enjoy the Mandelbulb 3d, so don't get me wrong. I am looking for software that renders images faster and is a bit more in-depth.
If this isn't a possibility (Faster rendering, more in-depth), I understand. I just want to get the most out of the software I am using.
Not crippled by the tech, you know what I mean? I will take the learning curve knowing I am investing in the best.
Or at least considered "most technical".
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »

The programs serve totally different approaches, some are purely 2d but enormous deep zoom capable (kalles fraktaler, mandel machine) some feature flexible formula definitions and coloring (ultrafractal, chaoscope) some are using so called ifs to create output (apophyis , chaotica) some implemt true 3d raymarching on fractal surfaces (mandelbulb 3d, mandelbulber ) some feature direkt programming on  GPU offering ultra fast results but limited to double/float number range (fragmentarium, synthclipse ) cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Minacious
Forums Freshman

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »

Excellent, thanks for the information. Time for more questions, heh.
What is double/float number range and IFS?
I will head on over to my home A.K.A. the help section after this.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: